Advisors and Investment Experts for Digital and Tech Start-ups (m/f) in Africa
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ is preparing for a project in the field of supporting innovative digital / tech start-ups, improving investment readiness of fund managers and strengthening entrepreneurial ecosystems.
GIZ is currently seeking interested experts (long- and short-term) to extend its expert facility in a growing area of business that have experience in the wider sector of supporting innovative tech/digital start-ups, improving investment readiness of fund managers and strengthening entrepreneurial ecosystems.
General specific professional experience for interested candidates
- Degree in a relevant field to technology, strategy consulting, investment banking /corporate finance, venture capital, entrepreneurship, business administration or relevant practical experience.
- Experience in working with start-ups and investment funds and/or respective support institutions (Incubator, Innovation Labs, etc.), networks and associations.
- Experience in international development cooperation.
- Working experience in Southern/sub-Saharan Africa and/or fragile economies would be an asset.
- Experience in working in a complex structure of government ministries and agencies, private sector organisations.
- Track record in dealing at a senior level with governmental or private sector institution is an asset.
Relevant specializations include but are not limited to
- Advising start-ups with innovative and/or digital business models.
- Consulting and capacity building services to governments (regulatory framework, developing agency support, etc.), start-up / business support organizations (Improving their service structure and relevance of services to this segment of the business sector) and financial institutions (improving access to finance for these businesses) geared towards better conditions for such start-ups to flourish.
- Experience with designing and implementing mentorship programmes to support start-ups in their growth process or supporting the setup of networks and entrepreneurial ecosystems as a whole.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competencies when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
To apply, please make us of our online - application facility under: