SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Advocacy Administrative Assistant will lead office services for the Washington DC office of IntraHealth International, lead logistics management for meetings and events in Washington DC and provide activity support to DC-based staff as needed/available. This position reports to the Advocacy and Policy Advisor/Director of the Frontline Health Workers Coalition. It supports the Advocacy and Policy team (including Global Health Corps Fellows), staff in the Washington DC office, as well as the Frontline Health Workers Coalition (FHWC).
The Advocacy Administrative Assistant will be exposed to IntraHealth International’s work throughout the world and will be integrated into the Advocacy team. This position provides excellent exposure for those who seek experience in global health, advocacy, non-profit organizations, and/or event coordination.
The ideal candidate would display strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as strong oral and written communication. S/he would be a team player and able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
Serve as Office Services lead for Washington DC Office: (30%)
- Serve as lead office services representative in Washington DC and initial point of contact for visitors, vendors, and general phone inquiries to Washington DC Office
- Maintain and order office supplies, kitchen supplies and perform other DC office management duties
- Manage invoices, travel, payments to vendors, etc related to projects led by the Washington DC office
- Includes creation/management of FHWC member invoices
- Manage outsourcing/procurement of outside consultants and vendors for above services and office service functions in accordance with IntraHealth administrative and procurement processes; serve as the authority on compliance with these processes within the DC office
Serve as liaison for office guests and internal/external events: (25%)
- Make arrangements for/welcome guests for Coalition and other DC office meetings/events
- Assist in organization of and arranging catering and other needs for internal and external events
- Serve as the lead in coordinating vendor services and logistics such as RSVPs, as needed
Provide office staff support: (5%)
- Manage payments/logistics for Global Health Corps fellows
- Lead organization of staff wellness events, onboarding/offboarding, and general messages for Washington DC office
Provide administrative support to Advocacy and Policy Advisor/FHWC Director: (20%)
- Provide Administrative support not limited to but including scheduling, communication organization, light task management, and knowledge management
Provide other Program support: (20%)
- Prepare daily news briefings rotating with Global Health Corps fellow
- Conduct research or assist in other advocacy and communications activities (including potentially live social media postings)
- Conduct research and provide program assistance to office staff as available/needed
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1 year experience OR Associate’s degree plus 3 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-4 years experience preferred
- Experience with essential administrative tasks, including invoicing, scheduling, welcoming guests, and liaising with office services staff
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Event logisitcs experience preferred
- Experience working with multiple tasks on tight deadlines
- Experience interacting with staff and external partners from senior management
- Knowledge of global health, health workforce or global health/development policy a plus
- Advocacy, policy analysis or research experience a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to function in a face-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks at once
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe programs
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
About the Organization
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.