Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth International is seeking an Advocacy and Administrative Coordinator in our Washington, DC office. The coordinator will assist in fulfilling advocacy activities, provide office management and administrative support. This role requires a proactive demonstration of the coordination of activity logistics, agenda setting, knowledge management, events, and reporting.
The ideal candidate will display strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as strong oral and written communication. S/he will be a team player and be able to manage multiple tasks at once.
This position provides excellent exposure for those who seek experience in global health, advocacy, event coordination, and non-profit organizations.
Advocacy Assistance: (35%)
- Strengthen organizational visibility and advocacy relationships through the attendance, notetaking and digital reporting at key events, forums, and hearings related to the health workforce and other priority global health topics
- Assist in research, writing, report production, and other activities
- Assist in coordination of Frontline Health Workers Coalition educational and advocacy activities with Congressional offices (including lobbying-related activities totaling less than 10% of total time)
- Support the management of coalition lists and provide coalition members, key partners and influential stakeholders with information on a continuing basis through meeting notes, briefings, presentations, printed and electronic materials, and other appropriate means
- At direction of Advocacy and Policy Communications Manager, assist in policy and advocacy communication activities at IntraHealth in Washington, DC and the coalitions it leads, including live social media posts, basic website assistance, blog coordination, and drafting written materials, including talking points and publications
- Monitor media environment and reports related to global health workforce issues
- Assist in grant management and reporting on advocacy activities
Administrative Support: (30%)
- Process invoices, make travel arrangements, ensure payment accuracy to vendors, and provide related Advocacy project logistics
- Includes creation/management of Frontline Health Workers Coalition member invoices
- Manage outsourcing/procurement of outside consultants and vendors for above services and office service functions in accordance with IntraHealth administrative and procurement processes; serve as the authority on compliance with these processes within the DC office
- Assist in the preparation, review, editing, and finalization of required project reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of contract workorder proposals, technical briefs, slide decks, and reports.
- Assist in development PowerPoint presentations for donor, coalition members, and stakeholders.
- Create and maintain the Advocacy team’s SharePoint site(s) and assist with Advocacy project-related knowledge management.
- Provide support in procurement including preparing purchase requisition, quotation analysis and collecting required documents for approval.
Office Support: (30%)
- Serve as the initial point of contact for visitors, vendors, and general phone inquiries to the office
- Coordinate logistics and agenda-setting for coalition meetings, including member outreach, notes and reporting of meetings
- Coordinate event creation, planning, and implementation
- Maintain and order office supplies and perform other office management duties; including but not limited to light kitchen maintenance
Additional Support: (5%)
- Conduct research and provide program assistance to office staff as available/needed
- Lead organization of staff wellness events, onboarding/offboarding, and general messages for Washington DC office
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ of experience or Associate’s and 4 years’ of experience.
- Experience with essential administrative tasks, including invoicing, scheduling, welcoming guests, and liaising with office services staff
- Demonstrated experience coordinating outreach to or working within Congressional offices
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating/assisting logistics and documenting meetings and events
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with multiple tasks on tight deadlines
- Experience or interest in writing for social media, the web, and/or policy briefings/reports
- Experience interacting with staff and external partners from senior management
- Knowledge of global health, health workforce or global health/development policy highly desirable
- Advocacy, policy analysis or research experience a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to function in a face-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks at once
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe programs
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
About the OrganizationDedicated to strengthening health workers and the systems that support them, IntraHealth International has served the public health needs of developing countries for 30 years. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power of partnership, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
•Health workforce and systems strengthening
•Health worker training and performance
•Maternal, newborn and child health
•Family planning and reproductive health
•HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis prevention, treatment and care
•Malaria prevention and treatment
Founded in 1979 as the Intrah program at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, IntraHealth incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2003. We have worked in more than 75 countries throughout our history, and currently have programs in over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Eurasia. Our work is funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Pfizer, Inc., the Tides Foundation, and by individual contributors.
IntraHealth’s main office is in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We also have offices in Washington, DC, Armenia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Southern Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.