Dexis is seeking a Program Coordinator to provide administrative and logistical support and expertise to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA) on the Afghanistan Desk. The work for this position will be based in Washington, D.C, with an immediate start date.
As the Program Coordinator, you will directly support the Director of OAPA’s Afghanistan Desk through the following duties:
- Manage all aspects of the Director’s calendar;
- Arrange and coordinate travel for the Director and other individuals supported;
- Organize all arrangements and logistical requirements for meetings and conferences;
- Create meeting agendas and distribute to attendees;
- Actively take meeting minutes and consolidate notes to distribute to attendees;
- Coordinate the routing of documents and memos through the approval chain and follow up on pending approval requests;
- Initiate drafting of briefers, reports, and scheduling proposals for the Afghanistan Desk, and analyze these documents;
- Maintain all office files in accordance with USAID’s policies and procedures;
- Receive, answer, and route telephone calls;
- Conduct research for varying levels of reports and special assignments;
- Manage the transmittal of incoming and outgoing memos;
- Provide, on occasion, administrative coverage in the OAPA Front Office;
- Learn and maintain an understanding of key development priorities, political dynamics, and programs in Afghanistan and the region;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active secret-level security clearance;
- 4 to 6 years of professional work experience;
- Bachelor degree or Master degree in relevant field (international affairs, political science, public policy, international development, communications, etc.) or equivalent years of experience;
- High proficiency in use of Google applications;
- Proven experience in the use of database applications.
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures;
- A team player with the ability to learn quickly, with minimal guidance;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Superior calendar management and organizational skills;
- Expert multi-tasker and experience managing multiple trackers at once;
- Interest in Afghanistan and/or the surrounding region.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.