Objective: The DAI Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) serves as the primary liaison between the IDEA-NEW project and the IRoA. The DCOP's main task is to ensure that solid working relationships are established between this vast program and various IRoA government officials, line-ministries, and village leaders. He/she will also assist the COP in work plan designs, coordinating input from program staff; subgrantees; national, provincial, and district Afghan government counterparts; village leaders; the private sector; USAID; and other donors to create plans that will meet the overall program goals and achieve the needed buy-in of all the stakeholders.
Responsibilities: The Deputy Chief of Party is responsible for ensuring the IDEA-NEW program is meeting the needs and expectations of government officials and Afghan citizens. He/she will also serve as the Acting Chief of Party in the COP's absence. Key Tasks:
The Deputy Chief of Party will be the primary contact between the program and various stakeholders. Key tasks include:
- Assist the COP in providing leadership and direction of the IDEA-NEW contract;
- Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with USAID, IDEA-NEW suubgrantees, the IRoA, and provincial authorities;
- Develop strategic partnerships with other USAID projects and international organizations to achieve program objectives;
- Coordinate with other livelihood programs and other regional initiatives to maximize aggregate impact of the program; and
- Assist the COP in the development of future annual work plans, quarterly reviews, and updates with the IDEA-NEW Team, including technical programs with the technical managers in collaboration with USAID.
Reporting: The DCOP reports directly to the Chief of Party. He/she is responsible for supervising various project staff.
- Minimum 15 years of experience working in difficult field settings, analyzing development issues and designing effective, sustainable solutions.
- Experience in agriculture-oriented economic growth or rural development programs required.
- Minimum of BA or BSc in relevant development field (Public Policy, Rural Development, Agriculture science, International Relations, Economics). Agriculturalist preferred.
- Previous USAID experience is desired.
- Afghan citizenship is desired.
- Oral and written fluency in English (knowledge of Dari and Pashto is a plus) and ability to write clearly in English on a variety of technical topics.
- Good spoken presentation skills.
- Proactive hands on management skills.
- Able to build good relationships and liaise with USAID, MIL, USG stakeholders, etc. in addition to GOA - MAIL, MRRD, etc.
- Ready to travel frequently around Afghanistan.
Please send resume to noting DCOP-NEW in subject line. Local candidates encouraged to apply.