Title Afghanistan Programme Manager x 2
Salary $25 – 50k
Street Child, a fast growing development and humanitarian INGO with education, child protection and livelihood operations in ten countries, are seeking to hire 2 excellent professionals to play pivotal new roles for the organisation in Afghanistan.
These 2 positions will report to Street Child’s Asia Director and will work intimately together, alongside a strong, long-standing, national leadership team. The first goal is to support the excellent delivery of Street Child’s programme portfolio in Afghanistan. The second goal is to help secure new opportunities through thoughtful programme development work and strong external representation. The team could consist of two equal members or one more senior member and one less experienced member. Key deliverables:
Programme delivery support:
- Support capacity-strengthening of country team by training and coaching;
- Support country team to establish and sustain programme partnerships;
- Support the country team at all stages of the programme cycle including programme design and development; planning and implementation, monitoring and reporting; robust impact assessment mechanisms.
Programme development support:
- Research and identify national and international funding opportunities;
- Develop wider strategies and specific programme proposals and budgets for existing and emerging programme applications;
- Represent Street Child with government, donors and partners.
Essential experience and skills sought:
- Strong prior programme delivery in Afghanistan or comparable contexts;
- Strong record of successfully attracting funding for new projects;
- High quality inter-personal and written skills;
- Clear commitment to Street Child aims, methods and impact;
- Flexible, result-oriented approach to work;
- Excellent spoken and written English; Dari or Pashto desirable;
- University degree (pref. Masters) in International Development / similar;
- Knowledge of in-country aid architecture, coordination and cluster groups highly desirable;
To learn more about Street Child, please visit www.street-child.co.uk
To apply, please email email@example.com ASAP. The posts will remain open until filled however applications will be assessed and progressed as appropriate, upon receipt.
About the Organization
Street Child’s vision is a world where the rights of every child are realised, specifically the right to education.
121 million school-aged children are currently out of education worldwide, mainly in the world’s poorest, most fragile and disaster-hit countries. Millions more children are in school but failing to learn. These children are denied their right to education and life opportunities. Street Child believes that achieving universal basic education is the single greatest step that can be taken towards the elimination of global poverty.
Street Child prides itself on being willing to go where others won’t and quick to respond, including in remote, hard-to-reach areas and fragile, disaster-affected states. Founded a decade ago in 2008, Street Child has improved access to education for 200,000 children across Sierra Leone, Liberia, Nigeria and Nepal, where a generation of children’s opportunities have been affected by disaster, conflict and extreme poverty.
We recognize that the barriers to education are complex and interlinked, and our projects focus on a combination of education, child protection and livelihoods support to address the social, economic and structural issues that underpin today’s learning crisis.
Wherever we work, we partner with local organisations and communities, with the aim of building relationships built on trust and mutual respect - supporting the growth of civil society over time to take a leading role in their national development.
Street Child takes an outcome-led approach, and we use evidence to drive learning and the constant refinement and scale-up of programmes that create maximum impact for the most children at the lowest cost.