CTI is recruiting an Africa Program Manager, who will be based in Minnesota and report to the Executive Director, to oversee and coordinate field operations and ensure effective project management and reporting of CTI projects and activities in Africa. CTI is currently active in Senegal and Malawi with staff and offices in both countries.
- Operations, technical coordination, project management, administrative support and oversight of CTI field programs (currently Senegal, Malawi, Mozambique) in close coordination with Chiefs of Party, who are responsible for day-to-day in-country management of project implementation.
Specific Project Responsibilities:
- Communicate, coordinate and work closely with Project Chiefs of Party and donors in a collaborative mode to ensure that the Project is implemented effectively and in compliance with donor regulations and CTI policy, and that the Project meets or exceeds its objectives under budget
- Lead coordination of CTI’s internal project management process and preparation of related deliverables, including weekly check in calls with field teams, monthly status reports, annual financial forecasts, success stories, and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Lead and coordinate preparation and timely submission of the Project’s Annual Implementation Plans and associated budgets, Quarterly Performance Reports, and other project documents to donors.
- Manage the sub-contract with the M&E partner (The Improve Group) to ensure effective implementation and reporting of the Project’s Activity Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Plan
- Oversee management of procurement processes and procedures, according to donor regulations and CTI policy.
- Assist CTI’s Financial Manager in project financial management and accounting oversight, including preparation donor-required financial reports
- Prepare Statements of Work, in conjunction with the Chief of Party, for all CTI-supported project travel to Senegal by CTI staff, consultants and volunteers; provide pre-departure orientation to all travelers; and ensure timely preparation of concise trip reports by all travelers that include key findings, conclusions, recommendations and follow-up action
- Coordinate and ensure regular and effective ongoing communications between CTI and project partners, collaborating organizations and other stakeholders
- Organize regular (at least monthly) conference calls with the CTI team, and partners as needed, to check progress on planning and completing activities and tasks, and to address any issues that impede project progress.
- Contribute to new business development to advance CTI’s mission by assisting in identifying and securing new projects, proposal preparation, and developing budgets.
- Work closely with CTI’s Technology Coordinator and team at HQ to support program implementation.
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree or equivalent work experience in international development, agriculture, business administration, project management or related discipline
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated understanding of agricultural, rural and community development issues, constraints and challenges in developing countries, especially Africa
- Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID’s rules and regulations required; candidates with a working knowledge of USG ADS 303 preferred
- Demonstrated experience and skill in managing international development projects
- Experience working in Africa strongly desired
- Demonstrated cross-cultural and gender-awareness skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, and track record of working effectively in interdisciplinary teams
- Fluency in English and functional French required;
- Functional computer skills including use of standard MS office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as email communications and Internet searches.
Candidates should email their CV, cover letter, and names and contact information of three references and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 27th, 2018. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews at the CTI HQ offices in St. Paul, MN. Salary will be commensurate with earning history and level of responsibility. CTI seeks to fill this position immediately.
About the Organization
Compatible Technology International (CTI) is a US-based non-profit whose mission is to equip smallholder farmers in Africa with innovative postharvest technology solutions, including supply chain and business development strategies to strengthen local food supply and capacity for women and youth.