Job DescriptionBackground Information
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, the Africa Regional Office supports UNOPS country offices in the region, ensuring that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base, and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between projects across the entire region.
At UNOPS, interns join our teams as equal members and are offered a good mix of support work and independent assignments with larger responsibility. Your focus will be on contributing to the development and strengthening of management and oversight in the Africa Region.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct data collection, research, and in-depth analysis, on specific topics of interest for the Africa Region, such as work plans, project statuses, budgets, and gender.
- Compile, organize, and maintain relevant documents, such as monthly reports, standard operating procedures, and learning materials
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for knowledge building
- Implement training/knowledge sharing sessions, and set training agendas to build the capacity of AFR support services communities
- Ensure data and visualization quality in internal and external communications
- Support the management of Africa Region relationships with internal partners including Africa field offices, headquarters groups, and other UNOPS regions
- Support the Executive Associate in planning and organizing meetings and events
- Contribute to the organization of field missions for the Africa Regional Office Management team
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a university degree such as a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D., or have graduated within three years prior to the application date of the internship
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (notably Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), or the Google equivalent, or other similar software, is desirable
- It is an asset to have some experience in data analysis, administration, or project management
- Geographical exposure to Africa is desirable
Contract type, level and duration
- Excellent written and oral skills in English are required
- Excellent written and oral skills in French are highly desirable
Contract type: Internship
Contract duration: 6 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend of 1,100 USD from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel, and necessary visa arrangements.
Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Internships-and-volunteering.aspx
About the OrganizationBackground Information-UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.