DevTech manages the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Program. The Program provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
DevTech has procured the services of a team of technical and evaluation experts who will conduct a final program evaluation of the Feed the Future (FtF) Nigeria Agricultural Policy Activity in partnership with USAID/Nigeria. The purpose of the evaluation is to determine whether the assistance provided by USAID/Nigeria through the Nigeria Agricultural Policy Activity is meeting the stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from this particular Activity in Nigeria. The evaluation will provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Nigeria Agricultural Policy Activity, as well as a detailed picture of the major accomplishments and weaknesses of the Activity since its inception, and determine how its successes can be sustained. The evaluation will be utilized to make decisions for possible modification of the activity for its duration and/or for follow-on activities.
Scope of Work:
The Evaluation Specialist will work closely with the Team Lead and the evaluation team to:
- Review available information to identify information gaps and refine data collection tasks accordingly.
- Design data collection instruments for individual interviews and focus group discussions.
- Design discussion guides for stakeholder roundtables.
- Develop a detailed work plan for USAID approval.
- Plan the logistics of the evaluation field work; the team will conduct individual interviews with FtF Nigeria Agricultural Policy Activity stakeholders who are identified in the target areas and groups section of this SOW.
- Facilitate focus group discussions (roundtables). These group discussions will seek to answer the evaluation questions and bring together stakeholders involved with the project.
For this evaluation, the Evaluation Specialist will:
- Review all background documents and preparation work, as provided by USAID/Nigeria’s Economic Growth and Environment (EGE) Office.
- Prepare for and attend team planning meetings and in-brief with USAID, including contributing to the development of the in-brief PowerPoint presentation (in accordance with USAID ADS Style and Format Guide).
- Contribute to the development and revisions of workplan and data collection tools, including pre-testing and revisions, as directed by the Team Lead, based on the background review documents and the in-brief with USAID.
- Support in planning and arranging logistics for the field work, including reaching out to and scheduling interviews with stakeholders, identifying suitable stakeholders for interviews, and ensuring meeting locations.
- Incorporate USAID and MEL team feedback into the workplan and data collection tools, as necessary and to the satisfaction of USAID/Nigeria.
- Conduct information and data collection activities (key informant interviews and focus group discussions) in Abuja and throughout Nigeria, as determined by USAID and the Team Lead, and as guided by the work plan and data collection tools.
- Upload interview notes to the Agriculture Policy Evaluation SharePoint within 24 hours of completion of interview/discussion.
- Contribute to the development of the draft evaluation report, incorporating feedback from USAID/Nigeria and the MEL team.
- Support in the preparation and presentation of preliminary findings/exit brief to USAID/Nigeria’s EGE Office.
- Contribute to the development of final evaluation report, and consideration and inclusion of USAID’s feedback until USAID/Nigeria’s EGE Office accepts and approves the final version of the evaluation report.
- Contribute to the development of the 2-3 page summary of the evaluation methodology, findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Use the MEL Activity’s internal SharePoint for all evaluation materials management to ensure safety and integrity of MEL’s intellectual property
Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule:
The Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for supporting the following deliverables:
- Document Review Summary and proposed outline of draft evaluation report (either prior to the field or at the end of first week of interviewing).
- Detailed Work Plan detailing evaluation methodological approach and draft schedule of field activities and draft and final questionnaire (s) to be used during interviews (prior to travel to the field).
- Summary of initial findings, including a PowerPoint Briefing (at the end of follow‐up and synthesis effort and prior to Team’s departure from Nigeria).
- Draft Evaluation Report.
- A summary of “key steps in the evaluation, key findings, recommendations and next steps” and a PowerPoint presentation of these.
- Final Evaluation Report (within two weeks of receiving Mission comments on draft report).
The Evaluation Specialist will have 46 days LOE for all evaluation activities.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Must possess a bachelors degree in agriculture, agricultural policy, agribusiness, economics, or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience and strong logistics and planning skills including experience with data collection, surveys, and statistical analysis.
- Proven experience in organizational capacity building and assessment.
- Proven strong experience with data collection procedures, surveys, and analysis of data using statistical analysis tools.
Please submit CV in .doc/.docx format if possible and include at least three professional references (name, title, company, relationship to you (e.g. former supervisor at XYZ), telephone number, and email address).
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.