Tetra Tech International Development, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Intern for our Agriculture and Economic Growth (AEG) Sector.
This Agriculture and Economic Growth Intern will learn about and support program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded projects. This internship can help start a successful career in development, building skillsets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in this challenging but rewarding work.
This internship is paid and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week for three to six months The staff person will be based REMOTELY, reporting to staff in Burlington, VT. Targeted start date is early April 26,2021.
What You’ll Be Doing:
* Support capture plan research teams and update new business tracking tools
* Develop communications tools, success stories, short videos and project tweets
* Provide AEG marketing and communications support, including updating the sector page on the Tetra Tech website
* Review project reports to identify lessons learned, best practices and improve knowledge management
* Assist Sector Director or sector staff with tasks as needed
* Recently completed or in progress Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in agriculture, economic development, business management, or related field;
* At least one year of work experience desired, including some work or volunteerism overseas;
* Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career in agriculture, economics, project management, or international relations strongly preferred;
* Knowledge of international donor development projects, especially USAID-funded projects, highly desired;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language highly desired (especially Spanish and/or French);
* Experience in MS Office Suite, with understanding of SharePoint desirable;
* Ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.