Job DescriptionPosition Summary
RTI International is requesting applications for the Agriculture-Energy Advisor role on USAID-funded, the Beyond-the-Grid Program (BTG) under Task Order of Power Africa Indefinite Delivery project. This Task Order intends to expand affordable and reliable electricity services in East Africa, with the ultimate goal of supporting development priorities, including inclusive economic growth, security, and improved health and education outcomes. •Positions will be based in Cote d•Ivoire.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master•s degree in a relevant technical field and 15 years• relevant experience including substantive field experience in Africa
- Understanding/experience with: grid-connected and off-grid energy systems, battery storage, micro-grids, metering technology
- Productive use of energy equipment to power agribusiness
- Demonstrated, strong experience with community engagement, consultative processes, community land rights and issues,
- Demonstrated experience at the energy-agriculture-water nexus
- Demonstrated experience with pay-as-you go, microcredit, micro-entrepreneurship models, community credit (such as Grameen bank), establishment of creditworthiness/credit history
- Demonstrated understanding of economic and business constraints to rural agribusiness
- Demonstrated policy experience
- Strong writing and reporting skills, numerical skills, and project management experience
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to apply at•https://rtiint.taleo.net/careersection/.rti_External_Careers_International/jobdetail.ftl?job=180KC
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development