Agriculture Evaluation Specialist, USAID/ Mid-term Performance Evaluation of Millennium Alliance Program (India)
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/India seeks to evaluate the extent to which the Millennium Alliance (MA) platform has been effective at leveraging Indian creativity and resources to identify and scale innovative solutions that will address development challenges that are a focus of USAID/India and/or the Government of India. The evaluation aims to determine whether the goal and objectives of the three components of the MA project are being met. The three components are:
1. Seeding and scaling innovations to achieve concrete development outcomes.
2. Platform and partnership development.
3. Knowledge management and communications.
SI is seeking an Agriculture Evaluation Specialist to assist in an evaluation funded by USAID through Millennial Alliance. They will assist in developing the design of the evaluation tools, leading data collection activities, and conducting analysis. The M&E specialist will work closely with USAID, Implementing Partners (IPs), and SI team to ensure that the decisions made are appropriate to the agricultural sector. This position will be a short-term consultancy, and work will be done in India.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Indian citizenship will be considered.**
- Conduct interviews, surveys, site visits, document review and focus groups.
- Support the design of the data collection methodology and instruments, following USAID evaluation policy guidelines, and responding to other technical guidance provided by SI.
- Provide technical expertise and lead efforts in evaluation design, methodology and data collection instruments.
- Perform an in-depth assessment of the program’s evaluation and information needs, systems, and processes.
- Analyze the data and assist in the drafting of the final report.
- Assist evaluation team in the presentation of findings in the Final Report.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in a related field with at least 10 years of professional experience in implementation and evaluation in education programs, with a focus on food security domain; gender equality is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of USAID regulations related to evaluation of agricultural projects.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods, and data analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in measuring the socioeconomic effects of agriculture and food security interventions in developing countries.
- Demonstrated the ability to conceptualize and structure evaluation activities and produce high quality evaluation reports.
- Ability to clearly and consistently organize, manage and present complex information to a broad array of target audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with teams of varying skills in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English is required; fluency in Hindi preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.