IBI is currently looking for an Agriculture Value Chain Specialist for an upcoming 5-year project in Ghana. The expected scope of work for this activity includes working with the private sector and the Government of Ghana (GOG) on improving value chains to expand market access for Ghanaian farmers and food processors, trade facilitation, and SME development. The value chain component includes developing innovative ways to help farmers – especially those growing cash crops for export – to adopt improved agronomic practices to improve compliance with sanitary and phytosanitary standards and food safety standards. The Agriculture Value Chain specialist will be responsible for all aspects of the project’s value chain component.
Employment Location: Accra, Ghana
- Plan, organize and supervise project activities related to improving SPS and food safety standards, traceability, and certification standards.
- Coordinate technical support and engagements with Ghanaian government officials, business leaders, chambers of commerce, and the trade industry.
- Develop indicators for the value chain component and support data gathering and analysis to track and report on progress towards objectives.
- Amend project objectives to reflect changing priorities.
- Supervise other long-term and short-term staff contributing to this component.
- Must have an advanced university degree in agronomy, chemistry, entomology, or other relevant field (PhD preferred).
- Fluency in English required.
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in supporting improved farming methods and value chains to meet international trade standards.
- Knowledge of the local context as it relates to the agriculture sector in Ghana, including experience in Ghana, strongly preferred.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.