Description of the assignment:
The overall objective of the assignment is to enhance the impact of the European (EU, EU Member States) development cooperation work in Kenya and the work of the Development Partners Group by bringing together resources and capacities and by improving coordination, communication and visibility, and by promoting the cross-cutting objectives of the European Union which include: environment and climate change, rights based approach, persons with disability, indigenous peoples and gender equality.
Technical assistance will be provided for the benefit of the European partners as well as the Government of Kenya, Development Partners Group and other key stakeholders (CSOs, the private sector, etc.). It may include, but is not limited to:
- Support the EUD in the pre-programming exercise for EU funds in Kenya post-2020.
- Assist EU Development Partners involved in Joint Programming in Kenya to monitor and coordinate during a 3 year period of the 2018-2022 Joint Cooperation
- Enhancing the impact of EU aid to Kenya for the EU Development Counsellors and the Development Partners Group
Time and location
The assigment is over 3 years, with 360 working days in Kenya, based in Nairobi including field trips in provinces
- Master’s degree related to at least one of the following fields: international development, international relations, public policy, political/social science, public relations.
- At least 1.5 years of experience related to development co-operation.
- Demonstrate experience of at least 100 working days through at least two (2) different assignments, executed within the last four (4) years, in at least one of the following areas: development cooperation effectiveness, development planning, donor coordination, development cooperation monitoring and evaluation
Specific requirements that entail an advantage:
- Experience in EU coordination and joint programming
- Experience in facilitating/managing complex policy dialogue, conducting analytical research related to public policy.
- Recent experience in Kenya
- Experience in other African countries.
- Proven experience in organising and conducting workshops with beneficiary governments and development partners.
- Fluent in English language;
- Knowledge of other European languages/Kiswahili would be an advantage.
How to apply
Please email Clemence Moinier with your CV before March 22nd at Clemence_Moinier@dai.com
About the Organization
DAI delivers development solutions for bilateral and multilateral donors, governments and private sector clients worldwide, often in difficult environments where insecurity and conflict are rife. We work hand in hand with our counterparts in government and the private sector to identify where international best practices can be usefully applied and best tailored to the local context. For more than 45 years, we have built a forward-looking company—one that combines innovative thinking, deep technical knowledge, and professional project management.
DAI’s work with the European Commission is currently managed from the United Kingdom. DAI supports the vision of the Europe 2020 strategy, and is excellently placed to assist the European Union’s efforts toward a smart, sustainable, and inclusive economy to deliver high levels of employment, productivity, and social cohesion.