Airport Planner - Afghanistan
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Airport Planner candidates for an on-going USAID-funded Engineering Services Project in Afghanistan. The overall objective of this program in Afghanistan is to provide direct engineering expertise on a variety of engineering projects for our client. This candidate will work on airport-related tasks; responsibilities will be delegated based on candidate experience and area of technical expertise.
- Provide technical support and/or general management of airport related tasks currently underway including but not limited to: International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) compliance audits, airport transition planning, master planning and airport network planning
- Coordinate daily with project teams, including airport stakeholders, client and subcontractors
- Provide onsite management and oversight of subcontractors
- Oversee coordination and organization of training related to airport operations as well as aviation-related software implementation;
- Assist in developing and updating project scope, schedule and budget;
- Draft routine reports and task-specific deliverables, as needed
- Engage in training and mentoring programs for the local Afghan engineers;
- Experience working/interacting with stakeholders on joint-use airports (civilian and military) is preferable
- Bachelor of Science in related field;
- Strong project management skills;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred;
- Willingness to work on a variety of tasks alongside diverse teams with varying technical expertise;
- A minimum of 8 years of previous experience with project management, aviation sector work, and leading multinational teams is preferred;
- Previous overseas experience is desired;
- Willingness to accept a minimum 12-month assignment in Afghanistan.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 13,000 employees, 300 offices worldwide and $2.5 billion revenue in 2014, we provide services to protect and improve the quality of life through responsible resource management, sound infrastructure, and rapid communications ability. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.