This role is within the All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development team. All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) is an ongoing series of competitions that leverages science and technology to source, test, and disseminate scalable solutions to improve literacy skills of early grade learners in developing countries. As part of its fund manager role for ACR GCD, WV coordinates communication activities.
With regards to the details outlined below, experience in social media and website content management preferred. Graphic design and video editing, a plus but not required. This role does not require fundraising, grant proposal writing, course curricula or direct mail experience.
Manage the writing of communication tools and development of communication strategies that support World Vision’s programming and fundraising goals. Ensure that communication materials support the mission of World Vision and adhere to corporate messaging and branding standards. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Research, investigate, write, proofread, edit, and execute marketing and fundraising tools, achieving the highest level of quality consistent with corporate identity as well as brand message and industry standards. Written copy may include, but is not limited to the following:
- magazine articles
- grant proposals/reports
- course curricula
- corporate annual report
- new media copy
- advertising copy
- direct mail kits
- ghost writing for corporate executives
- program overviews
- Serve as a “brand ambassador” for World Vision U.S., integrating and promoting the brand identity in accordance with corporate guidelines and ensuring that it is adhered to in all written communication.
- Actively participate in client meetings to develop strategy and concepts and propose solutions that meet client needs and exceed expectations.
- Consult with other writing staff and clients to ensure clarity and consistency of final product.
- Provide conceptual and technical advice to outside vendors/freelancers to ensure high quality final products. Review creative copy to ensure that WV messaging and branding guidelines are adhered to.
- Keep apprised of global events, ministry trends, and partnership issues that affect project content.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and trends critical to writing techniques.
- Manage projects assigned by supervisor adhering to project budget, deadlines and targeted message and ensuring that needed information is identified, meetings are scheduled, resource is gathered, deadlines are met, and client is kept apprised of any changes in project status.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Copyedit and proofread department projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
Bachelor’s degree and equivalent (eight years) work experience. In addition to education or educational equivalent, requires work experience in marketing and communications, including professional writing experience.
Please apply online at www.worldvision.org and click on the “Careers” and then on “Washington, DC”
About the Organization
We are a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the root causes of poverty and injustice.
Working in nearly 100 countries around the world, we serve all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.