Palladium is a global leader in the design and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Purpose of Position
Providing administrative assistance to business development and project operations work, the Analyst, Business Support serves as part of the Americas’ Regional Business Partnership’s business support team. For their assigned practice area, the analyst completes a variety of administrative support tasks to facilitate proposal and project teams’ ability to achieve positive impact across a variety of Palladium projects and activities.
1. Administrative Assistance
* Complete administrative tasks related to business development activities, including hiring and administration of consultants, expense report processing and approvals, travel arrangements and approvals, and completing forms and/or sending documentation on Palladium’s behalf;
* Serve as administrative coordinator to potential subcontractors and vendors, collecting and filing documentation, maintaining accurate records of correspondence, and monitoring and communicating deadlines with direction from business development team/activity leaders;
* Execute logistics for events by reserving and both setting and cleaning up meeting rooms, sending out event invitations and getting guest counts, ordering and handling logistics for catering, coordinating speakers and/or guest logistics, and taking and disseminating notes;
* Learn relevant company policies, SOPs, and guidelines that affect administrative and financial work with the goal of ensuring work complies with these or bring it to supervisor attention if not;
* Provide executive assistance across special projects as needed.
2. Financial Processing and Tracking
* Process payments and invoices related to business development activities,
* Coordinate financial matters for consultants, subcontractors, and/or vendors, providing reminders of deadlines for processing work orders, invoices, expense reports, timesheets, and other payments; as well as processing those payments;
* Reconcile and report credit card expenses monthly;
* Obtain appropriate approvals for all expenses after verifying appropriate documentation and receipts, per company policy and SOPs;
* Ensure retention of financial records for all activities is compliant with company policy.
3. Recruitment Support
* Support the onboarding and administration of agreement terms with consultants working on business development activities. This includes finalizing consultant agreements, reviewing consultant biographical data sheets and collecting accompanying verification information,
* Provide administrative support to recruitment, including conducting initial reviews of CVs to identify candidates who meet minimum qualifications, and collecting candidate paperwork.
* Complete other duties as assigned
4. Reporting requirements
* The role reports to a Senior Practice Manager, Project Operations or their delegate. Reporting requirements can include, but are not limited to the following:
* Attendance at weekly team meetings;
* Provision of regular updates to the supervisor;
* Monthly updates on the status of personal Key Result Areas (KRAs) and any other material matters and/or areas of concern;
* The role is part of the Americas Business Support Team;
* This role works closely, and in cooperation, with the Director, Business Development and their team, and the Project Operations team;
* The role liaises with clients, technical area specialists, corporate services, professional service providers, and other stakeholders as required.
6. Authority levels
* The role carries limited autonomy with appropriate consultation and no signatory authority. The role is required to:
* Complete tasks within the guidelines set in standard operating procedures, company policies, and provided tools and templates;
* Review with the line manager or activity supervisor/director any actions or decisions that may require deviation from these guidelines.
Education and experience required:
* Relevant Bachelor’s degree;
* Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience;
* Project management and/or admini support experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s);
* Fluency in Spanish, both written and verbal, is preferred, but not required;
* U.S. citizenship or authorization to legally work in the US is required.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
* Understanding of administrative and/or executive assistance;
* Good critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Ability to process routine financial tasks and maintain accurate records;
* Sound problem solving and decision-making skills;
* Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.