Job Title: Analyst (International Programmes or Digital Campaigns)
Contract Length: 12 months fixed term contract (with potential for renewal)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £20,000-£40,000 depending on experience (Multiple roles being hired across this grade spectrum)
About the role:
Moonshot CVE is currently recruiting a number of Analysts as part of a new programme of work. Each Analyst will be focused on gathering and analysing data and carrying out aspects of project delivery for a specific CVE project. In addition, advancing our methodologies, and developing business development opportunities are expected of all our Analysts.
This role will involve a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Analysis of diverse forms of data, including social media metrics, violent extremist material and data gathered by our in-house specialist tools.
- Managing multiple aspects of project delivery, particularly those focused on either strategic communications campaigns or international CVE interventions utilising digital technologies.
- Communicating with clients, partner organisations and other key stakeholders
- Sharing and developing subject matter expertise across the organisation, whether based on violent extremist movements, regional knowledge, professional or academic background.
- Developing new methodologies to track and challenge violent extremism.
- Supporting our business development through identifying and applying for funding opportunities, building relationships with clients and partner organisations.
Expected of all Analysts at this level:
- Knowledge of either digital communications campaigns or intervention projects.
- A deep interest in violent extremism and evidence of relevant professional experience whether from CVE or other fields
- A highly developed ability to source, interpret and analyse both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience of project management and delivering client-facing projects.
- A demonstrated ability to work under pressure, taking action and getting things done, both in managing your own workload and as a team player.
- Inquisitiveness and adaptability, particularly in relation to new technology and the use of social media for research.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
In addition, we require, and will check on candidates eligibility to work in the UK.
- Experience of work based in developing nations or conflict contexts.
- Fluency in languages other than English, in particular Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Bangla, Dhivehi, French, Hindi, Macedonian, Russian.
- Specialist knowledge of specific forms of violent extremism.
- Knowledge of work in the Balkans, Southeast Asia or South Asia.
To apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to Stevie Voogt, at email@example.com. Your cover letter should not exceed two pages and must answer the following questions: 1) Why do you want to work for Moonshot CVE? 2) How do you meet the requirements of this role?
Deadline for applications is 5pm (GMT) 24th August, 2018. Applications submitted early will be considered before the deadline, so early application is strongly encouraged. Select candidates may be invited to an interview and/or assessment day at our London office.
About the Organization
About Moonshot CVE:
Moonshot CVE is a fast growing startup which specialises in countering violent extremism (CVE) across the globe. We use data-proven techniques to ensure our clients respond to violent extremism effectively. Our work ranges from targeted intervention programmes, software development and digital capacity building, to leading global counter-messaging campaigns. We currently operate in over 25 countries, and across different forms of violent extremism.
We do this through:
- Finding new ways to reach individuals at risk of involvement in violent extremism.
- Working across different types of violent extremist ideologies.
- Collaborating with partners, and working for clients including governments, NGOs and private sector organisations from across the globe.
- Building a multifaceted team with backgrounds in a diverse range of professional and academic backgrounds, including development professionals, policing, communications, psychology, data science and software engineering.
- Investing in research and development of new technologies and methodologies to counter extremism.
Working at Moonshot CVE:
We are growing quickly, have big ambitions, and high expectations of our staff. Our dedication to finding effective responses to violent extremism, and leading innovation in the field, means that our work environment is fast-paced, dynamic and creative. We match this by offering our staff access to training and skill development, scope to advance personal subject matter expertise and opportunities for career progression.
Staff at Moonshot CVE say they value:
- Our shared sense of purpose: working as a team to find new solutions to global challenges.
- Personal development opportunities: a chance to learn new things and get even better at what you already do.
- Our ideas driven culture: opportunities to work with creativity and autonomy whatever your position in our organisation.
- The diversity of thought: working with staff from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds.
- Open and collaborative working: being part of a team who support each other to achieve great results.
- Individually-tailored training and skills development package.
- 30 days paid leave per annum.
- Private healthcare package, including coverage for partners and children.
- Generous maternity and paternity package.