Resonance (formerly SSG Advisors) is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team in the role of Analyst, Secure Communities. The Analyst will provide critical project implementation support and play a vital role in our business development efforts. S/he will work across practice areas to assist with project management, proposal development, and client engagement. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, or Burlington, VT, reporting to the Director, Secure Communities. Ability to travel 20% internationally on short notice required.
Project Management (50%)
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and monitoring of Resonance projects from the home office and during short-term assignments in the field, as required
- Work closely with Managers to develop, manage, and track portfolio project budgets in accordance with contract requirements, managing smaller contracts under supervision of a Director
- Develop scopes of work and staff position descriptions; prepare activity reports and other deliverables, as required
- Support the recruiting and fielding of project staff and consultants
- Contribute to and/or participate in assessments, research/analysis, field interviews, curricula development for training, and evaluations
- Support project communications, including website content, articles, success stories, blog posts, etc.
- As business dictates, support cross-practice projects and business development needs
Business Development (40%)
- Contribute to business development efforts by identifying and tracking opportunities, and liaising with potential partners
- Carry out research needed to inform opportunity tracking and proposal development
- Support recruiting efforts for the proposal development process
- Contribute to the proposal development process as proposal manager, technical coordinator, personnel manager, corporate capabilities writer, budgeter, and/or cost proposal coordinator depending on the size/scope of proposal, and lead subcontracting opportunities of up to $500K
- Coordinate with prime contractors and subcontractors to ensure timely delivery or required cost, technical and supporting documents required for proposal submission
Additional Activities (10%)
- Draft corporate communications, including website content, one pagers, social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook), blog posts, etc.
- Support the creation of marketing collateral as needed
- Help develop Resonance partnership methodologies, tools, and training curricula
- Other projects upon request
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- At least two years of professional experience, preferably in a management consulting and/or global development context
- Proven capability in research and quantitative analysis
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Technical experience in one or more of the following areas: private sector development, countering violent extremism, impact investing, agribusiness, natural resource management, sustainability, food security, supply chain development, trade and competitiveness, technology for development, financial inclusion
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience working with USAID preferred
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Analyst, Secure Communities” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance (formerly SSG Advisors) is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.