- Assist the ANPR lead in the procurement of ANPR logistics where technical support is required
- To meet with and discuss the provision of logistical support relating to ANPR with suppliers if necessary
- To actively assist in the implementation and integration of procured ANPR software and hardware for the Jordanian security agencies
- To access and interrogate ANPR back office products to facilitate fault diagnosis and rectification
- To assist in testing and fault finding existing ANPR Cameras and network and report accordingly
- To assist in testing and providing technical advice for new/replacement ANPR fixed site cameras and provide recommendations
- In the absence of the ANPR Lead, to deputise for them by providing a point of contact for senior management relating to ANPR matters as well as a point of contact for 3rd parties.
- Provide advice and guidance regarding the installation of ANPR cameras in partnership with the Jordanian Security Agencies when necessary
- Aid core team and ANPR Lead in basic data collection processes and support them in conducting M&E activities regarding ANPR and thereby contribute to project and institutional learning processes
- Providing verbal and written briefs on project progress to ANPR Lead and Operations Manager as required regarding identification of common challenges encountered during implementation and provision of feedback to the Operations Manager and ANPR Lead throughout the project cycle
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in working with and designing/fitting ANPR technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer operating platforms and software
- Excellent knowledge of factors affecting read rates for ANPR cameras
- Knowledge of ANPR camera maintenance and transmission
- Excellent knowledge of both fixed and mobile ANPR camera technologies
- Experience in testing ANPR cameras
- Designing technical architectures
- Experience in database management and design
- Knowledge of and experience in working with IP/WAN/LAN networks
- Experience in working with Web Services
- Ability to work accurately and reliably, and communicate effectively within the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assess and prioritise tasks and information.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Jordan.
- Previous experience working internationally
- Previous experience working with security service IT infrastructures
- Knowledge of National ANPR Standards for UK
- Valid Driving Licence
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV (no more than 3 pages) with a covering letter (one page) by email to HR@arkgroupdmcc.com quoting ‘ANPR Technical – ICTP - STE)’ in the subject line.
About the Organization
ARK is a research, conflict transformation and stabilisation consultancy that supports local communities in conflict and fragile areas. We believe that international stability, national security, community safety and individual empowerment are intrinsically linked.
As a team at ARK, we partner with local stakeholders to provide insight and develop programmes that are of immediate, tangible assistance to conflict-affected communities. Many of our staff are drawn from partner communities, hence ARK’s commitment to and understanding of conflict zones. ARK has ongoing programming in communities across the Middle East.