Anti-Corruption Advisor, Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT), Afghanistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project will work closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms will include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project will also promote better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media will play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
The Anti-Corruption Advisor will be responsible for advising the project team in activities related to anti-corruption, addressing corruption in public service delivery institutions, and strengthening the capacity of CSOs to demand accountability and monitor institutions to support anti-corruption efforts.
**Please note: Application deadline is July 10th**
- Work closely with Afghan staff, government institutions, and CSOs to train, build capacity and mentor them to conduct Vulnerability to Corruption Assessments (VCA) and Business Process Reengineering (BPR) techniques.
- Support the use of VCAs and BPRs in beneficiary institutions to develop detailed recommendations and Action Plans for anticorruption reform initiatives that will reduce or prevent corruption in selected public service functions.
- Provide guidance and training to government institutions in support of implementing their anticorruption action plans and reforms
- Coordinate with other anticorruption-related programs supported by USAID and other donors in Afghanistan. Assess linkages and points of possible coordination and leverage between AMANAT and these programs.
- Work with AMANAT M&E Manager to develop an approach to monitor progress in implementation of beneficiary institutions’ anti-corruption action plans.
- Support development of key deliverable reports under AMANAT.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of working on anti-corruption development efforts, including designing activities and understanding international best practices, preferably with experience working in challenging security environments;
- A J.D., L.L.M., Ph.D. or MA in management, international development or a related field of study is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in institutional capacity development and in working effectively with a broad range of counterparts, including high-level government officials and CSOs on corruption issues;
- Work experience and prior assignments in Afghanistan is preferred; and
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal skills to work with senior Afghan officials, and strong written and oral English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com