Position Description: Anti-Corruption Advisor
PADF is looking for an Anti-Corruption Specialist/Advisor for an anticipated program in South America. The program will improve policy design and implementation in relevant areas (i.e.: foreign bribery, fraud in public procurement, etc.). The program will also strengthen the organizational capacity of civil society and local organizations and enhance their ability to conduct activities and advocate for greater accountability and reform through national, regional, and local coalitions and initiatives.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on relevant anti-corruption issues at the national and regional level.
- Produce actionable recommendations and roadmap for reforms.
- Coordinate with relevant national and international stakeholders the roll out of program activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant degree on Law, Social Sciences, Management, Political Science and other international development area.
- In-depth knowledge of issues related to corruption, justice, legal framework and overall governance issues on the LAC region, especially South America.
- 15 years of relevant experience providing technical assistance, advocacy, or coordination to government agencies, NGOs or international institutions.
Level of Effort:
This position is for 2 years. It is not anticipated to be full-time. The actual level of effort will be negotiated with the selected candidate, based upon his/her availability.
About the Organization
Created in 1962 through a unique agreement between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the private sector, the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is an independent, non-profit organization 501(c)(3) that creates public-private partnerships to assist the least advantaged people in Latin America and the Caribbean. Having worked in every country in the region, PADF engages community-based groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private sector in the process of implementing appropriate solutions for sustainable development. The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) empowers disadvantaged people and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean to achieve sustainable economic and social progress, strengthen their communities and civil society, and prepare for and respond to natural disasters and other humanitarian crises, thereby advancing the principles of the Organization of the American States (OAS).