Anti-Corruption Specialist, Legal Professional Development and Anti-Corruption (LPAC) Project, Liberia
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID Legal Professional Development and Anti-Corruption Program (LPAC) is a five-year project implemented by Checchi and Company Consulting and consists of two components. The first component directs capacity building to the four key Liberian justice sector institutions that educate, regulate and inform legal professionals. The second component, under a sub-contract with MSI, supports the Liberian Anti-Corruption Commission (LACC) and associated Government of Liberia entities in their efforts to investigate and prosecute corruption cases; supports organizational structures and systems of the LACC; promotes education, outreach and prevention activities; and assists the LACC in its anti-corruption leadership and coordination roles.
**Please note: Only Liberian citizens are eligible for this position**
**The deadline for submitting applications is July 16, 2018.**
The anti-corruption specialist will contribute to LPAC’s effort to build the capacity of and support governmental institutions (such as LACC, the Liberian Revenue Agency, the Financial Investigation Unit, the Governance Commission, and others) and non-governmental organizations to prevent and combat corruption, and contribute to overall LPAC project activities. This is a full-time position based in Monrovia.
- Provide technical assistance to governmental institutions working in the anticorruption area to build their capacity and skills to effectively implement corruption prevention and enforcement measures.
- Support the Liberian public institutions to implement legally mandated corruption prevention and transparency enhancing systems, and assist with their improvement, including through regulatory development.
- Assist governmental institutions in implementing communication activities to educate the public about corruption and its impact and government and citizen rights and responsibilities.
- Provide technical assistance and support for key legislative and public affairs activities in the anticorruption area.
- Help anti-corruption governmental institutions establish mechanisms to foster strong relations with civil society and the business community.
- Contribute to the development of LPAC project documents and deliverables such as the work plans, reports, project updates, success stories, data for LPAC’s monitoring and evaluation plan, and reporting, etc.
- Oversee LPAC grantees implementing anticorruption activities.
- Support other activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in law, political science, organizational development or public administration or in similar fields. Law degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of similar experience in support of government agencies.
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred.
- Excelled oral and written communication skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.