NOTE: The internal title of this position is Finance Associate.
EnCompass LLC is seeking a Finance Associate to support our Finance Team with accounts payable, receivable, and other administrative functions in order to ensure efficient and accurate financial operations.
The position is based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, Maryland.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable (AP) Administration
- Enter vouchers in accounting system, listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
- Resolve invoice and payment discrepancies and prepare documentation for files
- Assist in corporate credit card reconciliation and ensure correct accounting codes and submission of required documentation for all transactions
- Accounts Receivable (AR) Administration
- Support the AR function to ensure the timely creation of invoices to clients upon product delivery or project completion
- Liaise with contract and project teams to ensure billing requirements are updated in accounting software
- Reconcile accounts receivable to the general ledger
- Track and follow up on outstanding accounts receivable payments
- Oversee integrity of financial and consultant files (paper and electronic) and documents, providing guidance to the finance assistant as needed
- Coordinate and prepare pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors
- Provide excellent customer service and problem resolution for both internal and external partners
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of experience. Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficiency with government accounting software (Unanet a plus)
- Knowledge of US Government contracts required
- Ability to maintain meticulous attention to detail resulting in work reflecting a high degree of accuracy
- Exhibits dependability, reliability and a willingness to work outside required set hours when deadlines require
- Excellent management, organization, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet required deadlines
- Communicates credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to work in an appreciative, strengths-based environment
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.