Position Name: Aquaculture Expert
Position Type: Short Term (3 days of LOE onsite and 6 days deskwork to occur in Feb.-March 2020)
Position Location: Yerevan, Armenia
ME&A is recruiting an Aquaculture specialist for the Advanced Science and Partnerships for Integrated Resource Development (ASPIRED) Project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is a five-year initiative, launched in September of 2015. ASPIRED supports the GOA in sustainable water resource management and sustainable practices of water users in the Ararat Valley through the use of science, technology, innovation, and partnership initiatives. The goal is to reduce extraction of groundwater resources to the sustainable levels. The specialist will Visit and inspect the facilities constructed by ASPIRED under the ATTC Project and assess both the technical and economic sustainability and efficiency of the introduced technologies. Present examples from international experience proving the viability of introduced technologies, or present recommendations on how to improve the system. Also, provide recommendations on best fish-farming practices applicable to the ATTC facility, including:
- Fish species recommended for the local fish-farm conditions;
- Farming practices and system operation know-how.
- Senior-level specialists: Master’s degree and at least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the field of Aquaculture, of which at least 5 years in industrial fish-farming (preferably sturgeon);
- Experience of work in both flow-though and recirculation aquaculture systems;
- Experience of research work in the field of aquaculture;
- Knowledge of the difficulties of fish-farming in weather conditions of sharp continental climate.
- Demonstrated experience in one of the above-mentioned technical areas
- Previous relevant work experience in the region
- Previous work experience on overseas USAID programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.