AZOROM is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced Architectural Technologists to fill a number of positions at various locations throughout Ireland. A minimum of one year’s professional work experience is required but greater experience (up to 10+ years) is desirable. The initial contract will be for a two year period with the possibility of further annual extensions, based on business requirements.
Duration: Fixed Duration Contract - 2 years
Location: The posts will located in cities throughout Ireland
The technologists will work within the section whose core activities are to:
- Deliver a comprehensive maintenance programme in the properties, which include both modern buildings and heritage/preserved properties which vary greatly in usage and size.
- Deliver minor capital works programmes (up to the value of €500,000) including office fit-outs, upgrading and refurbishments.
- Provide policy services on Fire and Security, Furniture, Health & Safety and Asbestos Management to building occupants.
The roles and responsibilities of the Architectural Technologist will include;.
- Support Regional Architects/Managers in the delivery of Property Strategy and corresponding Business Plans.
- Support Regional Architects/Managers in the setting and maintenance of professional duties and technical standards in all areas of architecture and building technology.
- Support Regional Architects/Managers in the effective management of risk.
- Assist Regional offices in the implementation and maintaining of procedures and certification in the provision of architectural / building and office services.
- Development of building records surveys and interfacing with digital records systems.
- Preparation of Statutory Submissions including Planning Permission, Fire Safety Certificate, Disability Access Certificate etc. for approval.
- Preparation of Building Control documentation for approval.
- Input into preparation of feasibility studies, reports and presentation drawings.
- Undertake measured building and site surveys and translate data into legible digital and graphical format.
- Input into Building Appraisals and development of occupants briefs.
- Produce technical drawings, specification, compliance reports and other written technical documentation for tender, post-tender and handover.
- Coordinate construction processes on site as an agent of the design team leader.
- Contract management of minor capital, maintenance and conservation works.
- Provide technical expertise in the application and integration of construction technologies in the building process.
- Keep up to date with changing developments in information technology, construction technology, architectural practice and statutory requirements as they affect the construction industry.
- Comply with relevant legislative codes, latest trends and procurement regulations.
- Monitor consultant led projects / programs of work under the supervision of the Regional Architect/Manager.
The working environment will primarily be office based but is likely to also include some on-site activities. The appointee will be required to provide his/her own transport for use when public transport is not a viable option.
Requirements: Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Essential for the job:
- The candidate must have as a minimum, an RIAI accredited qualification in Architectural Technology (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent and/or have achieved the title of RIAI Architectural Technologist (ArchTech). Where another qualification is held, it is the responsibility of the candidate to prove equivalence.
- The candidate must be highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- The candidate must have capability to manage programs of works developed within the regional offices, to direct Site Inspectors and Clerks of Works, and to work closely with both administrative and technical units and consultants engaged by Regional Managers.
- The candidate must have fluent spoken and written English.
- Full eligibility to work in Ireland is essential.
- The candidate must have a full driver’s licence valid for use in Ireland or for exchange for an Irish licence without the need to undergo any competency tests. For relevant details see; https://www.ndls.ie/holders-of-foreign-licences.html
- b) Desirable for the job:
The following skills and attributes are desirable:
- Ability to propose and modify existing designs and to adapt building stock
- Ability to develop upgrade proposals for buildings, including environment and fabric
- Ability to develop outline proposal and briefs.
- Assist in PSDP roles and COP inspection of building works, including strong capability in Health and Safety
- Additional skills in graphics, survey and building record digital data systems are also desirable
Special Personal Attributes required for performance of the job.
The following are essential personal attributes that the candidate must demonstrate:
- Effective Communicator
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a team member
- Flexible approach in dealing with dynamic challenges
- Demonstrated experience of delivering initiative and innovation to past assignments
A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
About the Organization
AZOROM is an independent private company that provides services to the electricity sector in Ireland and throughout the world. It has its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.
The company was formed in 2001 with the objective of providing added value and quality services to its clients in all aspects of the electricity business. This first class service is provided through a combination of highly qualified staff and emphasis on careful management of projects to a successful conclusion.
AZOROM is independent of manufacturers and suppliers and can provide totally independent advice and assistance.
The company’s knowledge and know-how derives from the vast skills and experience of its experts in the areas of engineering, accounting, economics, regulation, human resources and management. A unique quality of the company is the experience of its experts deployed on projects.
Apart from wide ranging consulting experience, AZOROM experts generally come from line positions in utilities, regulators and government ministries. Therefore, they not only bring the deep knowledge and understanding of issues but also the practical experience of having implemented best international practice themselves.
Since its establishment, AZOROM has worked with energy institutions (ministries, utilities, regulators) and companies in Ireland and in various parts of the world including European Union, South America, Eastern Europe, CIS, Balkans, Mediterranean, Africa and Far East.
AZOROM has worked on projects funded by private sources and on projects funded by institutions such as WB, MCC, EC, KfW, SECO, AfD, UN.
AZOROM is intent on delivering expert advice and services at good value for money through professionally experienced and competent staff that are culturally sensitive and can develop fruitful working relationships with client and beneficiary.