World Vision International
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Here’s where you come in:
The Area Program Manager, Northern Bahr el Ghazal (NBeG), you will take the lead in overall project management, implementation and coordination of the project.
To provide administrative leadership of the NBeG. Supervise Food Assistance, Food for Asset (FFA) project (Aweil North), BRACE II, (WFP supported Cash for Food), Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) supported project as well as Food Security & Livelihood (FSL) and WASH projects at two counties. To represent at respective state level and ensure compliance to donor and internal requirements.
- University degree or qualification in Agricultural engineering, food security, Agriculture, Agri-Business management, Agro economics, or other related field.
- 3-5 years proven experience in emergency programmes or social development with at least 2 years of that experience in and F/CFA programming a must.
- Experience in working with clusters and working groups/community of practice an added advantage.
- Prior experience working WFP and FA funded projects is required.
- Strong experience in managing staff, partners and facilitating capacity building.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and stay in different location including camping if accommodations are not available. This travel will require 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 MAR 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.