ASEAN Trade and Investment Evaluation Specialist
MESP will conduct a retrospective performance evaluation of two completed USAID ASEAN activities; the US-ASEAN Connectivity through Trade and Investment (ACTI) project and the ASEAN U.S. Partnership for Good Governance (PROGRESS) project. ACTI was a $20.9 million project, which ran from June 2013 – December 2018, and PROGRESS was a $14.5 million project, which ran from September 2013 – September 2018. For this evaluation, USAID ASEAN has selected two key policy areas under each project for targeted examination. ACTI’s focus will be on trade facilitation and small and medium enterprise policy development, and PROGRESS’ focus will be on policy support in the areas of trafficking in persons and youth engagement.
Th e evaluation will begin in Mid-September 2019 and finish by January 20 20 . A total of approximately six weeks of continuous work in Jakarta will be required, beginning in mid-September 2019. Additional time will be provided following the evaluation’s main data collection phase to complete report writing.
Position open only to citizens of ASEAN member countries
The ASEAN Trade and Investment Specialist will participate in all aspects of the evaluation and will have primary responsibility for research and analysis related to USAID policy support to ASEAN in the areas of trade facilitation and small and medium enterprise development. The position will work under the supervision of a team leader and collaborate closely with the evaluation’s other team members.
- Research and identify relevant ASEAN policies, initiatives and achievements related to trade facilitation and small enterprise support.
- Collaborate with other team members in developing the evaluation’s design and work plan.
- Collect primary and secondary data related to ASEAN trade and investment and small and medium enterprise support, including conducting interviews with key informants.
- Synthesize and analyze collected data.
- Collaborate with other team members to produce presentation materials and a draft and final report.
This position will work under the direct supervision of the evaluation’s team leader and under the overall guidance of the Jakarta-based MESP team.
- Post-graduate degree in a field related to the assignment, such as economics, business management, commerce, public policy or development management.
- Demonstrated experience working on or analyzing trade facilitation and policy support projects.
- Prior evaluation experience is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of USAID or other development partner programming approaches is an advantage.
- Professional experience in two or more ASEAN states is preferred. Focus countries include Myanmar, Cambodia, Lao PDR,the Philippines, Vietnam and Indonesia.
- An ability to conduct independent research and analysis.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
How to apply:
Please send application to: IDNMESPRecruit@msiworldwide.com with “ ASEAN Trade and Investment Evaluation Specialist” on the subject no later than August 24, 2019 or visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com . Application should include: 1) A complete CV or Resume; 2) Three references with complete contact information; 3) Cover letter outlining ideas to achieve position objectives, and 4 ) One sample of prior work that relevant to the position tasks. Incomplete submissions will not be processed.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.