Assessment, Monitoring, and Evaluation Project Manager
You’ve witnessed the good, the bad and the ugly across the security cooperation enterprise. This is your chance to channel your first-hand experience into positive contributions supporting U.S. efforts to optimize security cooperation activities worldwide.
Join Our Team: MSI is building a team of assessment, monitoring, and evaluation (AME) experts to support the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense – Policy (OUSD-P) and the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA). MSI’s team will lead the implementation of assessment, monitoring, and evaluation systems to improve U.S. returns on security cooperation investment.
Our teams will perform the following tasks:
- Apply OUSD-P issued AME guidance, templates, and frameworks.
- Conduct partnership assessments (PAs).
- Perform pre-activity assessments and program monitoring in conjunction with other support staff, including government employees.
- Identify gaps in partner nation institutional capacity.
- Capacity building of a partner nation’s
- logistics systems.
- resource management systems.
- human resource management.
- Develop initiative design documents (IDDs) related to security cooperation activities in a country.
- Develop and implement logic frameworks.
- Develop and implement theories of change.
- Develop and implement performance indicators.
- Develop monitoring plans.
- Develop evaluation plans.
- Conduct monitoring of military or civilian capacity building efforts
- Conduct evaluations of military or civilian capacity building efforts.
Project Manager Responsibilities: Assists in planning and coordinating security cooperation PA and IDD development. At the GCCs, acts as the Assessment, Monitoring, and Evaluation Fusion Cell (AFC) team lead. Applies OSD Policy guidance including ensuring all required planning tools and products are completed, coordinated, and delivered on time. Engages with OSD Policy, DSCA, and Department security cooperation stakeholders on AM&E planning, implementation, and issues. Manages AFC personnel involved in all aspects of security cooperation activities, organizes and assigns responsibilities, and oversees the successful completion of all assigned tasks. Must maintain a Secret clearance.
Project Manager Qualifications:
- Eight (8) years’ experience in project management leading multi-disciplinary teams of analysts, and other personnel, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, and ongoing program management with demonstrated ability to identify requirements for full-spectrum security cooperation planning.
- Must maintain an active secret clearance.
- 8-10 years of management experience, leading multi-disciplined teams of analysts, and
- other personnel;
- Demonstrated ability to align needed subject matter experts to identified requirements,
- such as logistics, human resources, capability gap analysis;
- Experience planning, designing and implementing assessment, monitoring and evaluation
- programs or projects in the security sector;
- Knowledge of change management principles;
- Knowledge of the GCCs security cooperation portfolios;
- Master’s degree in related field.
Please complete a short candidate placement survey at this link as a part of your application.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.