Assessment, Monitoring, and Senior Program Analyst
You’ve witnessed the good, the bad and the ugly across the security cooperation enterprise. This is your chance to channel your first-hand experience into positive contributions supporting U.S. efforts to optimize security cooperation activities worldwide.
Join Our Team: MSI is building a team of assessment, monitoring, and evaluation (AME) experts to support the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense – Policy (OUSD-P) and the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA). MSI’s team will lead the implementation of assessment, monitoring, and evaluation systems to improve U.S. returns on security cooperation investment.
Our teams will perform the following tasks:
- Apply OUSD-P issued AME guidance, templates, and frameworks.
- Conduct partnership assessments (PAs).
- Perform pre-activity assessments and program monitoring in conjunction with other support staff, including government employees.
- Identify gaps in partner nation institutional capacity.
- Capacity building of a partner nation’s
- logistics systems.
- resource management systems.
- human resource management.
- Develop initiative design documents (IDDs) related to security cooperation activities in a country.
- Develop and implement logic frameworks.
- Develop and implement theories of change.
- Develop and implement performance indicators.
- Develop monitoring plans.
- Develop evaluation plans.
- Conduct monitoring of military or civilian capacity building efforts
- Conduct evaluations of military or civilian capacity building efforts.
Senior Program Analyst Functional Responsibility: Serves as a senior advisor in the development and implementation of security cooperation programs and activities by working across the Department and with key interagency and state partners, the broader security cooperation community, stakeholders, and interest groups. Advises and participates in assessment, monitoring, and evaluation of security cooperation programs. Supports OSD Policy and DSCA in developing, supporting, and progressing security cooperation programs, activities, and initiatives and provides interagency coordination in the field. Keeps abreast of new policies, procedures, regulations, directives, and recommends changes to the agency.
- Sr. Program Analyst minimum/general experience 10 years’ experience developing and implementing security cooperation policies, procedures, and programs.
- Must meet minimum education of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must maintain a Secret Clearance
- Personnel should have subject matter expertise in the following functional areas: assessment and monitoring of key security cooperation functions strategy/policy, defense institution building/institutional capacity building, logistics, human resource management, resource management, and protection of civilians/SSR/civil sector/human rights.
- Knowledge of monitoring and data collection.
Please complete a short candidate placement survey at this link as a part of your application.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.