Chemonics seeks an assessment specialist for the upcoming USAID-funded education activity in Bangladesh. The anticipated Shekhar Jonno Pori (“Read to Learn”) activity is a five-year, $50-$99 million USAID-funded program. The primary purpose of the activity is to provide direct technical assistance to the Bangladeshi government and its sector-wide Fourth Primary Education Development Program, schools, and teachers to improve early grade reading outcomes. This position, a mid-level technical role, is contingent upon donor approval and funding. CVs will be reviewed and considered for multiple positions. The assessment specialist will report to the systems strengthening advisor. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Conduct ongoing technical reviews and provide recommendations to stakeholders on system-wide assessment measures of student learning
- Assist stakeholders in the development, implementation, and evaluation of direct assessment measures of pre-primary and primary students
- Provide expertise in the development of assessment instruments and methodology
- Review assessment and action plans and work with faculty to revise their plans as needed
- Draft assessment policy and guidance in coordination with experts and stakeholders
- Master’s degree in educational measurement and evaluation, educational research, statistics, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in assessment, evaluation, or a related area
- Experience with the application of learning assessments in education environments
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Assessment Specialist” in the subject line to BangladeshRLArecruit@chemonics.com by June 16, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.