Assessment Team Leader, USAID Cross-Sector Cambodia Youth Assessment, Cambodia
The Youth Assessment will help inform the next five-year Cambodia Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), Project Approval Documents (PAD), and activity designs; provide data for evidence-based decisions, possible interventions, models, and approaches that benefit current and future USAID/Cambodia programming related to youth. The Assessment is intended to inform USAID’s interventions that support, protect, prepare, empower, and engage youth and enable them to participate in addressing the development challenges of their communities and country. The Assessment is intended to address issues that affect youth across various cohorts in Cambodia, for example, unemployed or underemployed, rural, indigenous, LGBTI, and including at-risk youth.
Expected period of performance for the assessment would be June 2019 to September 2019, with around three weeks in-country for fieldwork.
SI is seeking a Team Leader to design and lead a youth assessment for USAID/Cambodia, providing technical guidance and team supervision. This is a consultancy position.
- Develop the assessment plan and methodology and communicating with USAID/Cambodia and SI HQ Management Team during the Assessment.
- Oversee overall team coordination, including ensuring that team members adequately understand their roles and responsibilities and assigning individual data/information collection and reporting responsibilities.
- Oversee the development of data collection tools; lead the team in conducting qualitative and quantitative field data collection and rigorous analysis.
- Responsible for compiling and writing the final report as well as other key deliverables as required by the client.
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant subject matter.
- At least eight years of experience in youth development, field research methodologies, and multi-sector Youth Assessments.
- Significant experience (at least three years) managing and conducting youth assessments, or similar research in the development field.
- Extensive experience (at least five years) in youth development or youth programming, including understanding of youth cohorts that may be at risk for exclusion from development interventions.
- Expertise in research methods and assessments, including experience conducting workforce development assessments.
- Understanding of the Cambodia country and political context as well as development challenges.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Prior experience leading assessments/evaluations, supervising and technically guiding team members.
- Expertise in USAID evaluation policies and practices.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, especially evaluation or assessment reports.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Cambodia.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.