The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Papua New Guinea (PNG) Lukautim Graun Project (LGP) is a five-year conservation initiative program based in Port Moresby. The LGP aims to promote conservation of PNG’s rich biodiversity and enhance the resilience of its people. The LGP will reduce significant threats to priority biodiversity hotspots in PNG by supporting communities to manage their customary lands and waters, working at all levels of government to develop the capacities needed to provide communities with the legal, technical, and financial resources required to achieve the sustainable management of their natural resources. The LGP is implemented together with the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative under the Promoting Women’s Economic Empowerment Program (PWEEP). The W-GDP is a White House Initiative and is also funded by USAID and is blended with USAID LGP. The W-DGP Project aims to scale-up existing initiatives in gender programming to enable the LGP’s implementing partners to expand their activities to reach more women across the country. The blended program aims to address community-based natural resources management, institutional strengthening, community capacity building, development of sustainable livelihoods and the strengthening of communities through social inclusion, gender, and economic empowerment activities.
The program seeks an Assistant Communications Officer to support the blended program in the target geography in the Bismarck Forest Corridor. The Assistant Communications Officer will provide expert oversight in the development of the Project Newsletter, Success Stories, Social Media Pages management and Maintenance, Media Monitoring, project website and other tasks as required.
- Support the Communications Lead in the implementation of the outreach and communications plan as required.
- Provide communications support to Program Leads.
- Manage and drive social media content via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Manage and update the Program website regularly.
- Establish a weekly schedule with all project implementing partners for submittal of social media content.
- Production of pamphlets, brochures, electronic and social media publicity information.
- Develop and circulate the program online Quarterly Project Newsletter (Collaborative Publication with Implementing Partners).
- Publication and airing of news articles as they happen in real time.
- Manage Photo, Audio and Video Library.
- Monitor Media Daily (Radio, TV, Newspaper) for Project and related publications.
- Establish media engagements and awareness programs where required.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: BS/BA (or equivalent) in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Community Outreach, or relevant field.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years’ experience leading Project Communication Strategies.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience and proven success adhering to USAID and/or other donor organization branding guidelines and being responsible for quality assurance across organizational marketing and communications materials.
- Proven track record of writing articles and news items for publication.
- Proven track record of using Adobe Suite for Graphic Designs
- Experience working with digital media, social networks, and websites.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and adherence to cultural sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Adobe CC, or other desktop publishing software required.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent conceptual, oral, and written communication skills; and
- Fluency in English, including grammar and spelling, required.
The Assistant Communications Officer is a local position and therefore ineligible for USAID allowances.
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long-standing policy on Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals and consultants who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX: CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
Applicants must submit their CV and Cover Letter
The deadline to submit application is March 19th, 2021.