Responsible for managing accounts payable, payroll and other functions as assigned, along with management of related staff; the monthly close process; student tax management; assisting with the preparation for audits, registrations, and surveys; and ensuring appropriate documentation of policies and procedures.
• Supervise Accounts Payable, Payroll functions and other staff as assigned
• Establish and manage the monthly close calendar process
• Ensure account reconciliations are prepared in a timely manner
• Ensure monthly journal entries are prepared in a timely manner
• Review/ approve reconciliations monthly and post journal entries
• Ensure student taxes reconciled and filings done timely
• Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of balance sheet accounts
• Prepare Field Office local financial statements
• Manage Field Office audit requests
• Assist the Controller with audits, registrations, surveys, etc.; prepare and review supporting documentation, schedules and analysis
• Prepare/coordinate AMIDEAST tax filings such as Form 990, FBARs, Census, 1099s
• Maximize use of Deltek Costpoint AMIDEAST-wide
• Manage Costpoint functionality (linking functions, closing/opening periods, etc.)
• Manage credit card administration and related processes
• Manage the design, set up and use of SharePoint for internal communications and training
• Ensure all policies, procedures, processes, practices are in a central location for review/use by all finance/accounting staff
• Prepare internal reports and special projects, as required
• Prepare trainings relevant to areas supervised
• Monitor and enhance internal controls to minimize risk
• Oversee training and development of supervised staff
• Automate and streamline processes to enhance accuracy of data while minimizing manual efforts
• Develop documentation for policies, procedures and processes
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred
• 7-10 years professional finance/accounting experience preferred (Nonprofit and Government contractor experience a plus)
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (and associated Accounting Standards and requirements for non-profit organizations, government contracts and indirect rates)
• Process-oriented, with experience in documenting processes and procedures
• Excellent computer skills, proficiency in MS Excel applications, and experience with Deltek Costpoint and CER report writer system tools preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Demonstrate world class cultural attributes and behaviors in all interactions with country directors, project managers, department heads, and senior staff
AMIDEAST is Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.