CARE is seeking an Assistant Country Director – Programs Quality and Impact (ACD-PQI) who will provide strategic leadership and direction for the Country Office (CO) portfolio; both development and humanitarian. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), she/he is expected to actively contribute to the overall governance of the country office, and delivery of its strategic and annual operating plans.
The ACD-PQI is responsible for ensuring that Programs’ work is integrated and well-coordinated, and that program quality issues (program impact, measurement, and learning, and program development) are in line with CARE International and CARE Jordan vision, goals, program principles, standards, and approaches.
With the ACD-Program Operations, the ACD-PQI jointly leads the Program Committee of CARE Jordan; Contributing to the development of the program strategies, policies, standards, and directions, while ensuring integration between different programs and projects, maintaining fund-raising momentum and promoting innovations, learnings, and best practice. The ACD-P will lead on annual research, studies and regular needs assessments.
To be successful, one must possess the following:
- Advanced coaching and leadership skills
- Organizational competencies
- Cross-functional team building
- Program development and quality expertise
- Familiarity with humanitarian preparedness and response
- Development and peacebuilding competencies
- Firm understanding of CARE’s programmatic needs and concerns for ensuring effective administrative support
- Staff management, coaching and development
- Program Implementation, Quality Management and Impact
- New Business and Program Development
- Public Relations / Comms and Advocacy
- Administrative and Financial Responsibilities
- Postgraduate Degree in Social Sciences, Management or equivalent field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in senior management position in a related field
- Experience working with partners and multi-stakeholder environments
- A proven record of the effective project, program management, and design, including strategic planning, and MEAL
- Proven skills in partnership building, influencing and negotiation
- Knowledge of the Middle East is required
- Proven Advocacy and Communications related experience
- Fundraising experience