CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS is seeking three Assistant Directors of Operations to support the mission of the Liberia-U.S. Partnership for Research on Vaccines and Infectious Diseases in Liberia (PREVAIL).
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
* Assist and provide strategic guidance, direction and oversight on the overall clinical and science activities of the PREVAIL initiative.
* The Assistant Directors for Operations represents the program in PREVAIL Operations Management Team (POMT) and liaises with other colleagues to successfully deliver operational services.
* Serving as liaison between the PSC, the POMT and the PREVAIL Executive Committee (EC) to implement overall strategic vision for PREVAIL.
* Strategy Management: Provide direction to the Operations and Management Team to ensure development and implementation of a comprehensive Operational Plan.
* Protocol Management: Provide senior direction and management to ensure overall progress of PREVAIL protocols from concept manuscript to study outcomes.
* Operational Management: Guide the responsible Committees, Working Groups, Site PIs and Site Managers in management and execution of strategies to support operational execution of PREVAIL authorized protocols
* Resource Management: Provide senior direction and management of the budget. Identify unmet resource needs. Serve as liaison between PREVAIL and external collaborators on resource management.
* Workforce Management: Provide management, leadership, support, and oversight to the Operations and Management Team, Working Group Leads, and the Site PIs and Managers. Identify staffing needs and facilitate the hiring. Provide performance reviews and disciplinary action per the established PREVAIL Authority Matrix.
* Internal Communication: Serve as central point of coordination of communication among project staff and governance groups.
* External Relationships: Establish and maintain strategic relationships with and between partners, key stakeholders, and organizations within and external to PREVAIL
* Degree in Nursing, Social Sciences, Finance and Public /Business Administration, Public Policy, Hospital Administration, or other related fields.
* At least 6 years of relevant experience in development in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting, including 3 or more years of senior-level management responsibilities in a challenging and complex organizational setting.
* Clinical trials
1) Knowledge of the design, management and analysis of clinical trials and good clinical practices, and
2) Minimum of five years of experience in the conduct of clinical trials
* Knowledge of infectious diseases, including emerging infectious diseases
* Leadership and management
1) Sound management skills and a comprehensive working knowledge of the management practices within Liberia, and
2) Demonstrated leadership and management of a large and / or complex organization with management and delegation skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Liberian culture
* Exceptional leadership and diplomatic skills
* Must be a Liberian citizen
* Ability to work full-time on this position