This is an administrative position for an enthusiastic individual eager to join and play an integral role as part of Women Deliver’s External Relations team. The External Relations team is accountable for ensuring that Women Deliver has the financial resources to deliver all of its programs. The Assistant will provide broad administrative support to both the Managing Director, External Relations as well as a growing team that is based in NYC and Ottawa.
- Provides essential day-to-day logistical support for the External Relations work and team (based in Ottawa and NYC); including focused administrative support for the Managing Director, External Relations.
- Maintains all key External Relations tracking systems and databases, including Salesforce, on behalf of the team; responsible for regular updating and reporting.
- Provides support to growing major gift/individual giving program.
- Supports in providing donor research – with emphasis in funder landscape analysis and institutional research, aiding the Senior Associate and Associate, External Relations.
- Provides project and administrative support to the other members of the External Relations team including Director, Program Quality & Compliance.
- Assists with meeting and event planning (both domestic and international), including working with staff, consultants, and outside vendors to manage the full spectrum of meeting plans and travel logistics as needed.
- Assists in the drafting of talking points and other multi-purpose communication, fundraising and advocacy materials.
- Manages all External Relations logistics related to the Women Deliver Conference, which includes providing and tracking of key partners, maintaining records of travel and managing logistics related to conference presentations and events.
- Supports remote-based leaders including booking internal and external meetings, arranging international travel, note taking, agenda building, email drafting, expense and time keeping management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 or more years of experience working for a non-profit organization, UN agency, or corporation in a similar role.
- Note: will also consider an experienced administrative professional for this unique role.
- Experience supporting a team that works with institutional, private sector and/or individual/foundation donors and track record of providing exemplary stewardship to organizational partners.
- Experience supporting a high level nonprofit executive, senior staff member, board member or donor highly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Salesforce and Smart Sheet a plus.
- Experience with handling international travel.
- Experience conducting research to support fundraising efforts.
- Experience in planning and supporting events/meetings including off site logistics.
- Experience supporting a team with a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn more about raising resources from multiple sectors for a global advocacy organization.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to track information, using databases and developing/overseeing tailored systems to support a small remote team.
- Passion for gender equality issues preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in high profile environments supporting key program ambassadors, dignitaries and other honored people with maturity and discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- French language skills preferred.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.