Join the CGIAR System Organization!
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Board and Council Relations Unit for a dynamic and organized administrative professional to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. If you are passionate about contributing to a world free of poverty, hunger, and environmental degradation, this may be the role for you. As an integral member of the team, you will provide a wide range of administrative duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature to support smooth flow and effectiveness of operations.
Summary of the Position
The role supports the following key areas:
• Seamless, responsive, and prompt travel services (travel authorizations, visa processing, reservations, itineraries and travel expense claims) for a broad range of stakeholders in accordance with the relevant and applicable processes
• Communications and liaison (meeting support, dealing with incoming communications and visitors and managing contact lists)
• Information management (drafting, editing, formatting and proof-reading of correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents and organizing records on shared and online databases and inventories)
• Supporting purchasing processes and other activities of the Board and Council Relations Unit including providing support to other units and providing cover in the absence of other Assistants
Qualifications, Experience & Competences
This position requires a proactive customer-service oriented problem-solver with strong attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and excellent organizational skills. The ideal candidate must possess the following:
• A higher education qualification (diploma, advanced diploma or equivalent certification) from an accredited academic institution
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role, preferably in an international or cross-cultural setting
• Demonstrated knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
• Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint)
• A proven ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders and partners with varying cultural and educational backgrounds, and with differing levels of seniority
How to Apply
Please send your application letter and CV in English and as separate attachments; ensuring that neither document contains your marital status, age or photograph.
Note: All received applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The selected candidate will be employed by the CGIAR System Organization. This appointment is offered for a fixed term of 1 year, with a possibility of renewal subject to the System Organization’s needs and funding.
The CGIAR System Organization is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation with a favorable taxation arrangement in France, and comprehensive employee benefits comprising extensive insurance coverage, a retirement plan and relocation support where applicable.
About the Organization
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector. These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries.
Established in 2016, the CGIAR System Organization provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff. The System Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality, and respect for diversity. We endeavor to foster a multi-cultural environment that is free of any form of harassment and discrimination; and that embraces and values individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, national or social origin, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
Please find more information about CGIAR at www.cgiar.org