Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will work mainly with project-support duties for the Global Program Team in program management, new business development, and proposal preparation as needed. You will represent ICMA in the Home Office, Field Office, and with partners, ICMA members and clients. Specifically, you will assist ICMA’s dues supported program team with the day-to-day management and program oversight.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the day-to-day management of assigned project portfolio.
- Serve as a point of contact, internally and externally, for the project financial, administrative, operational, and logistical functions.
- Coordinate logistics for travel in compliance with program-specific regulations. Coordinate with staff on administrative issues (travel, payments, reports, staffing, shipping, event planning, etc.)
- Reviews and reconciles expense reports and consultant/staff travel expense reports.
- Prepare purchase order and reimbursement requests, consulting agreements, scopes of work and other contract and procurement documents.
- Assist in project start-up and close-down.
Contributes ideas and assists with developing strategies for increasing and diversifying Global Programs team business opportunities.
Participates in proposal efforts, research, recruiting, collecting cost information, developing the cost proposal, editing/formatting resumes, drafting required proposal sections such as past performance.
May manage websites and communications, including the development of blog posts, newsletters, and other content.
Represents ICMA at workshops, conferences etc.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, International Relations/Affairs, Public Administration, Business, Economics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two-three years of experience, including project management experience with federal donors or associations and membership organizations.
- Professional experience dealing with procurement, compliance and project management under state or federal grants/contracts is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in budgeting, financial management, and administrative skills is required.
- A high level of proficiency in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and Word.
- Exceptional skills in written and oral communication.
- Knowledge of business development and proposal processes.
- Skills in working in diverse environments.
- Ability to travel for up to a month per trip, but typically for 1-2 weeks.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus
What we can offer you:
- Flexible scheduling and the option to telecommute
- A collegial working environment where teamwork and individual contributions are valued
- A competitive salary
- Employer sponsored Health, dental, vision, life and disability benefits
- Paid time off
- Generous retirement plan
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
Please provide a cover letter and salary requirements when applying. Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.
The Human Resources Team at ICMA strives to ensure that the association employs high-quality, team-oriented, motivated staff who are engaged, disciplined and accountable. As a Team, we are committed to providing timely and efficient service and ensuring that our staff and our external customers are treated with the highest level of dignity, respect and care.
ICMA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
About the Organization
ICMA is the premier local government leadership and management organization with over 10,000 members worldwide. Our mission is to create excellence in local governance by developing and fostering professional local and international governments.
We are at the core of driving better communities. With a mission and passion to advance professional local government through ethics, leadership, innovation and new technology, we build sustainable, thriving communities that improve local governments nationally and around the world and make them ready for the future.
Each time you turn on the tap in your kitchen, set the trash out for pickup the next day, or cruise through your neighborhoods on newly paved roads, you access your local government. Providing essential community services that ensure the quality of our lives is what local government is all about.
We, at ICMA take the concept of local governments further into the future. Our work increases capacity of local governments globally. Through enhancing smart communities that deliver innovative services, empower resident engagement, enable economic development, strengthen leadership ethics and forward-thinking local government management, we impact how life is lived in today’s and tomorrow’s communities.