The Associate position is designed for a well-organized, highly motivated individual to support and work under two projects that Integra has been awarded by USAID: the Learning, Evaluation and Analysis Project (LEAP III) and the Asia Emerging Opportunities (AEO) project.
USAID’s Learning, Evaluation and Analysis Project (LEAP III), and the Asia Emerging Opportunities Project were both awarded to Integra by USAID in May and August of 2018, respectively. LEAP III is a 5-year, $19.6 million project that supports USAID Missions around the world by providing various economic analyses, monitoring and evaluation, and project-design support services. Since May 2018, we have already begun implementation in Azerbaijan, Mali, Vietnam and Zambia. USAID’s Asia Emerging Opportunities, while similar in structure, is smaller and focused on supporting Missions in Asia. Its implementation began at the end of September 2018, and activities will also be at the request of USAID Missions.
Integra has structured both projects to be staffed by the same Project Manager, operations team and technical staff. Accordingly, we are seeking an Associate to work across both projects, although the majority of work is expected to go towards LEAP III (it is almost five times as large as the Asia Emerging Opportunities project). He/she will work alongside an Integra Associate already on staff. This position provides the opportunity to work across variety of sectors and in countries around the globe. There will also be opportunities for short-term travel.
- Project Operations. Assist in the overall management of the project, including planning, organizing, coordination, program execution and monitoring. Responsibilities will include project reporting, budget tracking and analysis, reviewing consultant timesheets and expense reports, assisting with project recruitment, submitting credentials and travel approval requests, conducting project launch and close out activities, and providing administrative support as required.
- Research and Data Analysis. Provide research assistance and data analysis to support project work assignments. This includes Cost-Benefit Analysis, Public Financial Management, Performance Evaluations, Impact Evaluations, and Political Economy Assessments. Other work can include: Developing training materials; checking, coding, and cleaning data sets; analysis of large and small data sets; preparation of tables and figures for communication of research results; liaising with counterparts overseas; conducting and organizing literature reviews and other secondary data searches; contributing to the preparation of professional papers, research reports, presentations, articles and proposals.
- Provide Logistical and Technical Support on Work Assignments. Coordinate approvals, logistics, and travel details for in-country work assignments. Support in-country data collection and stakeholder interviews. Provide support to write project reports.
- MA/MS degree in related field (business, economics, international relations)
- At least 4 – 6 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong financial skills required, including experience with project budgeting
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills, writing, research, quantitative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Excellent command of English, foreign language skills a plus
- Desire to learn and implement best practices in the international development
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience highly preferred
- US citizenship or work permit required
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Associate, LEAP III/AEO” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Integra is an innovative international development firm established in 2010 to bring creative solutions to 21st century challenges. Headquartered in Washington, DC we use academically grounded analytical tools and private sector partnerships to address key development challenges in the areas of economic growth, agriculture and food security, gender and women’s empowerment, climate and environment, and information and communication technology. Our work has resulted in effective project implementation and policy reforms in over 30 countries and has leveraged over one billion dollars in public and private sector funding.