Job Title/Grade: Associate Analyst/ Analyst, Tax and Registration DAI Sustainable Business Group (5/6)
Department: Sustainable Business Group (SBG)
Reports to: Manager, SBG
Date: January 2, 2019
Function of the Position:
This is a full-time, professional position that will contribute to the DAI Sustainable Business Group (DAI/SBG). DAI/SBG is a specialized unit that leads DAI’s engagements with clients in the oil, gas, mining, power, and renewable energy sectors. The Tax and Registration Analyst will conduct research, create checklists, and provide reports related to requirements of doing business in various countries as it relates to tax and registration requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities will include:
Research, Data Collection, and Reporting
- Assist in identifying the needs of projects to determine what resources and/or legal requirements are necessary for conducting project operations in different countries. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying and documenting required registrations, tax requirements, licenses, bank account requirements, financial restrictions, vendor relationships or any other relevant information.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets of requirements and maintenance of existing platforms to be used as reference as new projects are rolled out or offices are established.
- Develop reports related to country requirements and make information easily accessible to appropriate staff.
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager and Analysts, communicate operational processes and practices related to tax and registration requirements.
- Assist in the development of new training programs related to tax and registration requirements across the business unit
Additional duties as deemed necessary.
- Grade 5: 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree; or a Master’s degree
- Grade 6: 3 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree; or 1 year of relevant experience and a Master’s degree
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, communication, and technical skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively; including planning, organizing, and prioritizing with great attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, Powerpoint) with ability to utilize moderately complex formulas, pivot tables, charts, etc.
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
About the Organization
DAI is an international development companywith corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.