Associate Director, Business Development – USAID/USA Government.
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services including audit, tax and advisory. Our International Development
Advisory Services (IDAS) unit adopts a pan-African approach to development work, combining dedicated experienced
development experts with KPMG professionals. IDAS manages and coordinates programmes and projects throughout
Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results and impact.
In particular, we have managed a number of funds and grants on behalf of some of the biggest names in development
covering various sectors including agribusiness, health, inclusive finance, governance, education, youth employment,
renewable energy and climate change, among others. Our diverse team comprises people of different professional
backgrounds and nationalities, and this mix is fundamental to our success.
We are currently looking for an Associate Director to support us in business development and delivery for some key
client accounts and in the field of renewable energy and climate change, health, accountability and transparency,
monitoring & evaluation and results measurement.
Based in Kampala, Uganda, the Associate Director, Business Development will lead our business development efforts
and drive business growth, with a particular focus on US Government/USAID. The role would require travel across
East Africa and to the USA.
The successful candidate would have the following profile:
Qualifications and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of the development sector with a network of contacts and substantial experience working in
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, action-oriented leader and professional with a passion for development.
- Ability to lead and manage a team in a large professional services firm.
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus a Masters and/or professional qualification in Management, Business
Administration, Economics, Finance or similar field.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience of working with/providing advisory services to international development
agencies, in particular USAID/US Government as well as others such as World Bank, Nordics, Foundations.
- Proven, well-developed proposal, presentation, report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- An exciting opportunity to work with a Big 4 firm on cutting edge development programmes across Africa.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your application letter and CV quoting Associate Director – Business Development (IDAS 4/2020) by 27 March 2020 to email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. Our
purpose is to inspire confidence and empower change. KPMG has a notable ‘African Footprint’ serving
clients across the continent. Our East Africa practice comprises Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda and
additionally provides services to Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Burundi, Somalia,
Ethiopia as well as Eritrea.