FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team (CRT) is seeking an Associate Director, Finance for an integrated humanitarian health, WASH, and nutrition program based in Aden, Southern Yemen. He/she will provide leadership in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions for USAID Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA)- funded activities and technical guidance on Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), GAS (Government Auditing Standards), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). He/she will develop financial risk management and control strategies; review and approve recommendations for financial planning and control,; and provide relevant fiscal information to the executive management team. In addition, the Associate Director, Finance will develop and manage financial analysis models; develop and implement effective and efficient business processes and procedures; develop and manage internal financial audits; and develop a formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies. He/she also will manage the activities of the finance staff and select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the program.
Required Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Provides strategic leadership to the financial analyst staff in a local, regional or HQ office
- Prepares financial guidance to field offices through memos, updates to policies, and procedure manuals
- Assigns and audits the work of the finance department, while providing guidance to staff
- Monitors and updates the program budget
- Engages in the more critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis
- Provides final decision making on projects and problems that may cross functional boundaries
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and/or external consequences
- Manages the operational and strategic functions for the finance department to ensure compliance and efficiency
- Provides recommendations and consults with management on financial performance and enterprise risk management
- Develops and implements process improvement plans to ensure financial controls and operational procedures
- Provides leadership in financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews, and assessment processes.
- Keeps abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and mentors staff
- Develops capacity of team performance and drive for excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of financial management experience
- Past experiences managing and leading a finance department is required
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Experience working with an international organization
- Significant experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.