New Forests (www.newforests.com.au) seeks a qualified senior candidate for the position of Associate Director, Investor Relations. This new role is critical to support New Forests’ growing institutional client base, working across our global teams and fund products to deliver excellent client service, reporting, and issues management.
The role reports to the Director, Investor Relations, and will be a member of the New Forests’ Investor Services team. The Investor Services team oversees funds marketing and capital raising, client relations and reporting, corporate communications, market research, and corporate sustainability for New Forests.
The team operates in a fast‐paced environment with a strong focus on high quality, long‐term and transparent investor relationships.
The Associate Director, Investor Relations will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing client management strategies for existing clients invested with New Forests across our global platform. New Forests has a globally located client base and is preparing for growth in delivery of client services as funds under management are expected to grow significantly in the coming 24 months. The Associate Director, Investor Relations will be responsible for engaging members of New Forests’ Executive Committee, and in particular, working closely with New Forests’ regional Managing Directors, regionally located funds management teams, and Finance team in executing the client management strategies. The Associate Director, Investor Relations will be expected to develop a detailed understanding of clients’ objectives and needs, to deliver high quality client support services and be able to oversee the client relationships in a professional and engaged manner.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Leading global management of client issues and communications in close coordination with Director, Investor Relations and relevant funds management staff. This includes day-to-day client issues as well as more complex client matters, overseeing quality control and undertaking process improvements to ensure high standards and operational excellence are met in the delivery of services to our clients.
• Co-ordination, management and distribution of quarterly reporting for all of New Forests’ strategies
• Execution of annual investor meetings for investment strategies in Australia/New Zealand, Southeast Asia and the US
• Developing efficiencies and improvements in all client service reporting
• Managing New Forests’ web-based client portal
• Supervision of direct report/s in execution of client services.
We are looking for candidates with:
• 7‐10 years’ experience working with institutional investors in wholesale product marketing and client relationship management
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, liberal arts, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience in:
• building client relationships & creating a value adding client services platform
• coordinating, managing and distributing client reports
• leading client meetings and managing complex client relationships
• project management, in relation to the annual investor meetings
• Superior attention to detail and demonstrated skills as an effective writer and editor
• The ability to prioritise effectively, manage and delegate tasks to achieve the successful global management of client issues
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
• The ability to manage, coach and guide direct reports effectively along with the experience and capability to manage the performance of your team to a high level
• The ability and desire to work as part of a team and work well under pressure and deadlines
• A demonstrated knowledgeable interest in sustainability and responsible investment
• A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
What can we offer?
Our environment is busy and supportive, and the team is professional but relaxed. If you join us, you would be joining a growing business which is an environmental & sustainable leader in forestry investment. You will also be working with professionals who are passionate about their work!
If this opportunity sounds like you, please provide your resume and cover letter, explaining your interest and qualifications for the position, in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone calls will not be accepted.
New Forests is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
New Forests is a real assets investment manager offering leading edge strategies in forestry, land management, and conservation. Our business mission is to manage sustainable landscapes for production and conservation and to generate shared value for our clients and the communities where we operate.
Founded in 2005, we offer institutional investors dedicated investment strategies in the United States, Australia‐New Zealand, and Southeast Asia and have AUD 5.6 billion in assets under management. We manage sustainable timber plantations, natural forests, forest carbon projects, rural land, and processing infrastructure. New Forests is headquartered in Sydney with offices in San Francisco, Singapore, New Zealand and Melbourne.