Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
This position will report to the Vice President, Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development, and work closely with members of the Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development team, as well as the broader International Development Group. The role would be full-time at Nathan’s Headquarter office in Arlington, Virginia.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and keep track of numerous ongoing activities under a large, multilateral project, including coordination with various counterparts;
- Engage in a client-facing role, regularly representing Nathan Associates with staff from USAID, the U.S. Department of State, and other US Government agencies, as well as contractors, project partners, and consultants;
- Contribute to the writing and editing of project deliverables, including weekly, quarterly, and annual reports and technical studies;
- Draft project technical and travel approvals and activity budgets;
- Track subcontractor technical work and billing;
- Track project consultants’ technical work as well as billing and travel, ensuring compliance with the project requirements;
- Learn and internalize United States Government rules and regulations for long-term projects and ensure projects are implementing in accordance with these requirements;
- Support project workshops and event planning as applicable, including workshops held in developing countries;
- Maintain and update project budget(s) of $20+ million, including projecting and tracking monthly project invoices;
- Support business development and new business efforts, including the coordination and writing of proposals as applicable;
- Guide entry-level staff with project logistics and consultant onboarding activities and expense reports, potentially serving in mentorship role(s) as applicable.
- Minimum experience: Bachelor’s Degree with 4-6 years’ work experience, or Master’s Degree with 2-4 years’ work experience;
- Degrees in economics, international affairs and/or international development, international policy, and other relevant fields preferred;
- Experience working on contracted donor projects, particularly for USAID, and experience working in an international setting;
- Strong communications skills and effective report-writing skills, including high detail orientated;
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively and positively in teams and group settings;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel;
- Willingness to engage on all aspects of project management and technical research and reporting, from day-to-day administrative tasks to intensive research and technical writing;
- Able to travel abroad on a frequent or semi-frequent basis.
- Fluency in English;
- Spanish language skills preferred;
- Technical interest in international trade, the digital economy, emerging technologies; women’s economic empowerment or economic governance;
- Knowledge of incorporating gender considerations into project activities a plus
About the OrganizationNathan Associates Inc. is an employee-owned economic consulting firm. Established in 1946, the firm claims more than six decades of experience, a full-time staff of over 100 professionals, and a record of successful assignments the world over. Our mission is to provide high-quality, innovative consulting services to help private and public sector decision-makers solve the practical economic, financial, and management issues of today and tomorrow.
Nathan Associates has worked in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Europe. USAID and multilateral lending institutions such as the World Bank fund most of our international work, but individual private firms and foreign governments also request our assistance.
Internationally, our clients are public and private sector decision-makers responsible for setting policy and for overseeing performance of entire economies, sectors, business enterprises, or government agencies. We provide these policymakers and managers with economic, financial, and management analysis and assistance in strategy and program planning, institutional development, privatization of state-owned enterprises, and program and project implementation.
In our 63 years of consulting, we have worked extensively both at the macroeconomic level and in a broad range of economic sectors: transportation and other infrastructure, industry and commerce, financial services, natural resources, and agriculture and environment.
Despite the geographic and economic diversity of our assignments, two themes remain constant throughout Nathan Associates' work. First, in all our projects, we strive for collegial collaboration between our consulting teams and the management and staff of our client institutions, creating a shared sense of purpose and direction. Second, whenever appropriate, we emphasize technology transfer and human resource development for our client personnel, whether through formal workshops, seminars, and short courses, or on-the-job training.
Competition, innovation, and reward are the economic forces of life. The solutions we provide clients are powered by an understanding of these forces.
For more information about Nathan Associates, see our website: http://www.nathaninc.com.