The Associate, Economic Growth (Business Development) is a key position within the Americas region that supports the sourcing, bidding and winning of new projects. He or she will work directly with the Americas Economic Growth Practice, and closely with the Americas Business Development Team, and all of Palladium’s other International Development practice areas and subdivisions to secure work from new and existing customers.
The primary responsibilities of the Associate, Economic Growth (Business Development) are to:
* Support development of winning bids on contracts and cooperative agreements approved for pursuit by Managing Partners
- Works with a team to source, monitor and respond to strategic opportunities.
- Schedules key meetings, regular bid check-ins, and team reviews and participate in all relevant meetings related to your pipeline of opportunities
- Serves as the central point of contact for Pricing, Recruitment, Contracts and Compliance, and the technical proposal team and partners on your opportunities
- Supports the Economic Growth Practice Area in preparing and writing EOIs, technical and cost proposals.
- Supports the management of the Americas pipeline, maintaining data quality, providing research, reports, and data analysis as requested.
- Works closely with capture managers to successfully manage proposal efforts and resources, including timeline and action planning, identification of needed proposal team members, internal/external meeting support and facilitation, efficient communications, and organization of proposal component folders/files
- Has lead responsibility for coordinating select proposals (including preparing tailored calendars, checklists, instructions, templates, and outlines), and monitoring progress and supports development of other proposals
- Performs analysis of RFP/A requirements and continually works to promote and ensure compliance
- Guides and supports proposal team through necessary department-level processes and corporate-level reviews and decisions, adhering to established policies and protocols
- Ensures vital flow of communication and task management between capture manager, practices and departments, partners, and other parties involved in the proposal process
- Helps facilitate evolution and documentation of proposal strategy, such as competitive analysis, developing win themes and technical approach, visioning needed personnel, and selecting teaming partners
- Strategically enhances/positions resume content in line with procurement requirements and win strategies
- Develops, edits, formats, and coordinates technical proposal sections as they develop (including managing file traffic/turnaround time, and close liaison with technical staff)
- Reviews and edits submissions from partners, ensuring their inputs meet specified requirements and expected level of quality
- Leads final technical and cost proposal production and submission, and coordinates post-submission debriefs
- Manage communications with partners and collects and packages required partner inputs for submission
- Through business development and market efforts, help implement the Economic Growth practice strategy under the direction of the Economic Growth Leadership Team.
- Work with practice staff to develop winning strategies on proposals, including competitive teaming arrangements, through competitive analysis, research, and professional networks.
- Develop marketing materials and corporate capabilities statements as necessary.
- Develop depth of understanding and capacity of practice area staff, and helps facilitate proactive business development among all practice area staff
* Relationship building
- Create meaningful relationships with partners, subcontractors and freelance consultants.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key partners, and support strategies for new partner engagement.
Minimum education and experience required
* Relevant Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree in a relevant field desired
* Experience working in business development for an international development organization.
* Experience with USAID contracting requirements
Key competencies and professional experience required
* Well organized and high attention to detail.
* Proven ability to adapt to changing and demanding situations at work
* Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
* Strong networking and partnership management skills.
* Understanding of international development
* Must be able to work effectively under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts, and across time-zone challenges.
* Willingness and ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.