The Associate will report to the Managing Director, External Relations and will work closely with the External Relations team including the Communications team and Conference team. This role will help support the organization’s priority to build and increase funding, utilizing a partnership approach, with an emphasis in providing high-level project management support, fundraising communications support and donor stewardship.
- Coordinates all funding submissions (from concepts to full proposals), evaluations and reports ensuring they are managed in a systematic, inclusive and timely manner.
- Develops tailored and compelling promotional materials for prospective and current funding partners (e.g. case for support; sponsorship material).
- Serves as focal point for the communication needs of the External Relations team, on all platforms, – serving as a content liaison with the Communications team with an emphasis on donor communication, sponsorships, corporate engagement and key events that support the engagement and stewardship of funding partners.
- Supports overall donor stewardship working with the Managing Director and key senior staff in their efforts including written communication, meetings and events.
- Provides sponsorship support in the lead-up, during and following the conference –providing content and logistical support and critical stewardship to all sponsors with a particular focus on corporate partners.
- Supports research efforts with a particular focus on private sector engagement, – working closely with the Managing Director.
- Supports the development of a major gift/individual giving program including legacy gifts and conduct ongoing research in this area
- Supports in ensuring an RBM approach to our work – from project management to staff training and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years of experience working for a non-profit organization, UN agency, or corporation in a similar role.
- Prior experience in partnerships, external relations, fundraising or donor support required, ideally with the private sector.
- Excellent attention to detail and experience in project management, ideally coordinating and tracking complex funding submissions and reports.
- Experience writing communication material for fundraising and stewardship efforts as well as private sector engagement.
- Experience in major gift and/or individual fundraising, and ideally with legacy giving as well as ongoing stewardship.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to produce top quality work in a short period of time.
- Experience coordinating high profile events.
- Ability to thrive in high profile environments supporting key program ambassadors, dignitaries and other honored people with maturity and discretion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity and use of Results Based Management (RBM) approach preferred.
- Understanding of gender equality, advocacy and/or international development preferred.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- French language skills preferred.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.