Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an Associate - Financial Inclusion to join the Development Finance team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Associate provides programmatic, financial, budget and administrative support to the Development Finance (DF) team including the Vice President and technical staff. Development Finance is the technical department that houses Global Communities’ expertise in three core areas of expertise - microfinance/financial inclusion, small and medium enterprise (SME) finance and housing. It also houses Vitas Group, a Global Communities enterprise that owns and operates local microfinance companies predominantly in the Middle East. Vitas Group has started an ambitious digital strategy to support our clients and entry into new markets, and the Associate will contribute to its implementation.
- Provides administrative support to Vitas subsidiaries as required, including document routing, authentication by embassies, and travel.
- Collects, prepares and formats quarterly board books and related materials. Coordinates board member travel and meeting logistics. Drafts minutes for all meetings.
- Reviews Vitas Group bank accounts and confirms when payments are sent and received to subsidiaries. Works with bank to resolve and issues or discrepancies.
- Assists marketing manager with preparation of annual reports, slide decks and promotional materials.
- Assists with event planning including field learning events, semiannual meetings with field staff, newsletters, and special events as requested.
- Supports implementation of Vitas Group digital strategy, including:
- Reviews consultant and procurement agreements for DF or Vitas Group, for review by DF management and/or legal counsel.
- Shares draft agreements with consultant and vendors, incorporates feedback, and recommends further action to senior managers.
- Ensures consultant work plans are on track, and deliverables on time, by working closely with consultants and DF point persons.
- Tracks spending on digital strategy for review by DF management.
- Inputs changes into Salesforce to support business development efforts.
- Researches potential developments in financial inclusion, as requested.
Actively contributes to Global Communities initiatives under area of responsibility. This includes active collaboration with other departments in Global Communities.
- Prepares and reviews payment of invoices from consultants, partners and vendors.
- Processes HQ based procurement requests for Global Communities and Vitas Group.
- Enters field and HQ PTRs and ERFs.
- In collaboration with field and supervisor, gathers budget information and prepares, modifies formats and finalizes program budgets in Adaptive.
- Reviews department budgets and spending on monthly basis, and resolves any discrepancies.
- Trains colleagues on new procedures, technology applications and software.
- Organizes department wide events, including preparing agendas, conducting surveys, planning staff retreats and other meetings outside of the head office.
- Routes documents for signature.
- Conducts OFAC checks.
- Edits documents for readability, style, grammar and errors, upon request.
- Plans travel itineraries and arranges reservations for department employees and Vitas Group Management Committee members.
- Manages program files for the department, including uploading and tagging of documents in department library on SharePoint.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.