Job Title/Grade: Associate I/Associate II (5-6)
Department : Center for Digital Acceleration, DAI Global Health
Reports to: Strategic Projects Manager
Date: September 10, 2019
Function of the Position:
This is a full-time professional position within the Center for Digital Acceleration (CDA), supporting the Small Projects Unit (SPU) and broader Partnerships & Insights team. The position will be based in Bethesda, Maryland with the potential for overseas travel. Reporting to the Strategic Projects Manager, CDA, the Associate will be responsible for supporting small projects as well as CDA initiatives, with a primary focus on supporting new business efforts and a secondary focus on supporting new client projects.
The Center for Digital Acceleration focuses on integrating digital and ICT tools into DAI’s project portfolio across business units to accelerate project outcomes and impact. CDA’s Partnerships & Insights team manages the group’s business development and thought leadership functions. It also hosts the SPU, which serves as a home for small projects that have strategic technical importance to DAI. These activities are typically procured by non-traditional clients and generate technical knowledge, a better understanding of a key institutional partner, or strategic insights that will strengthen DAI’s ability to be competitive in a technical area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
New Business Support:
- Coordinates and works on small and medium proposal efforts (various technical areas), including developing draft proposal budgets and documenting corporate capabilities
- Writes about digital solutions and integrating ICT/digital activities into proposals
- Manage the team’s engagement with the client relationship management (CRM) system
- Coordinates project administrative activities including start-up, recruitment, maintaining project files, requesting purchases for goods and services, reviewing vendor invoices, and onboarding consultants/suppliers.
- Acts as a liaison to the project team for day-to-day problem solving and support.
- Ensures processing and review of project financial transactions and project invoices.
- Processes AP invoices and audits expense reports.
- Creates and/or maintains project budget tool and coordinates data entry.
- Initiates requests for client approvals and serves as key liaison with DAI’s Contracts department.
- Sets up Independent Consultant Agreement and non-service requisitions for review.
- Provides administrative or operational support for subcontractors and consultants, including monitoring budgets and reviewing invoices.
General Partnerships & Insights Team Support:
- Conducts desk research on potential new clients/opportunities and other needs as required
- Organizes meetings (internal and external)
- Attends events and takes notes
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications :
- Grade 5 : 2 years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree
- Grade 6 : 3 years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 1 year of professional experience and a master’s degree
- Excellent communications skills – particularly in writing
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and specifically Excel
- Ability to work successfully under tight timelines and across multiple projects
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe (up to 30%)
- Experience with or knowledge of one or more of the following: business development, donor-funded projects and technical assistance contracting procedures, project implementation across a range of development sectors
- Comfortable independently managing research processes, logistics and local relationships in fast-moving corporate environments
- General experience with or knowledge of digital-focused solutions
- Proficiency in a foreign language
- Additional desired competencies/skills: problem solving, analytical skills, ability to take initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development companywith corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.