Job Title/Grade: Associate I/II, MENA/Afghanistan Delivery (Grade 5/6)
Department: Delivery, MENA/Afghanistan Region
Reports to: Project Manager
Date: March 4, 2020
Function of the Position:
This position in the MENA/Afghanistan Project Delivery Team (PDT) works with field teams to provide operational support for a portfolio of projects, including at least one project in Afghanistan, and supports new business efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supports new business opportunities by participating in reconnaissance and contributing to proposal efforts.
Assist the Project Manager with technical tasks as appropriate (SOW drafts, editing reports, etc.).
Acts as a liaison to the field for day-to-day problem solving and support. Independently trouble-shoots common problems and escalates more complex issues to the Manager and follows up until resolved. Coordinates the administrative activities of the project including mobilizing and demobilizing staff and international consultants, maintaining project files, requesting purchases for goods and services, ensuring submission of project deliverables and close-down. Perform administrative tasks for several projects including mobilization, demobilization, AP adjustments, vendor invoice review, Procure to Pay requisitions, and iExpense auditing. Conducts routine auditing of grant and operations files to ensure compliance with USAID and DAI policies and procedures.
Initiates requests for approvals, coordinates submissions for contract and subcontract modifications and coordinates all other requests for contract office support. Drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates. Identifies and synthesizes potential issues and present possible solutions to Contracts Administrator and project team. Monitors subcontractor budgets and liaises with subcontractors regarding administrative or operational issues as appropriate.
Responsible for ensuring processing and review of project financial transactions and monthly project invoices. Reviews and processes invoices and audits iExpense Reports. Creates and/or maintains project budget tool and coordinates data entry from field and home office into project contract budget in advance of modifications. During realignments, identifies and trouble-shoots issues.
Geographic/Cross DAI Support
As a Project Delivery Team member, provides support as needed to the MENA/Afghanistan team and collaborates with colleagues. Provides short-term coverage for traveling Associates. Any other tasks as requested by management.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2 years of relevant administrative, technical, or professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree.
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant administrative, technical, or professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 1 year of relevant administrative, technical, or professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel on assignments for DAI projects to countries in the MENA/Afghanistan region, including Iraq and Afghanistan.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience providing home office administrative support to USAID projects (i.e., making travel arrangements, processing invoices).
- Experience in international development
- Experience in the Middle East or Afghanistan
- Experience with project management
- Experience with business development
- Proficiency in a second language, ideally Arabic
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
About the Organization
DAI is an international development companywith corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.